What's the most ironic gig you've seen?

parradesigns

That awkward moment when you have to argue with your audience to convince them that your joke was funny.

Summarized Wiki, for the benefit of everyone :

A: It was a joke.

B: No it was not.

A: It was funny, dammit.

B: No, it wasn’t.

A: I’m British.

B: I’m British as well.

The funniest jokes are the ones you have to explain. Wait, no that’s not right

The funniest jokes are the ones you have to explain. Wait, no that’s not right

Your profile picture makes you look like a professional business person who talks about serious stuff like the stock exchange and stuff, so people are taking your words seriously. It’s a compliment of sorts.

Everyone has their calling in life. For example Emmaki’s calling is to be a shimmering ball of positive energy, Writer’s calling is to share his superior wisdom, and Internet Explorer’s calling is to be a good platform for downloading Google Chrome.

The most ironic gig(s) I’ve seen are the ones who sell magic, fortune telling and stuff, but they still can’t predict when a bad buyer is going to pull a chargeback on them. Should they be in the business of telling someone else’s fortune if they can’t predict their own misfortune? The jury is still out on that one.

Your profile picture makes you look like a professional business person who talks about serious stuff like the stock exchange and stuff, so people are taking your words seriously. It’s a compliment of sorts.

Everyone has their calling in life. For example Emmaki’s calling is to be a shimmering ball of positive energy, Writer’s calling is to share his superior wisdom, and Internet Explorer’s calling is to be a good platform for downloading Google Chrome.

The most ironic gig(s) I’ve seen are the ones who sell magic, fortune telling and stuff, but they still can’t predict when a bad buyer is going to pull a chargeback on them. Should they be in the business of telling someone else’s fortune if they can’t predict their own misfortune? The jury is still out on that one.

Quite a crazy story and it sounds ridiculous when it’s summarized, but my mother was actually conned out of £1.2m by a ‘psychic’ and her husband who was a computer hacker. Not going to go into details but I don’t believe in magic and all that, and I resent psychics, fortune tellers and any other type of future-predicting based charlatanry. Claiming to be psychic is a way of completely cheating a living and cheating people of their money

Quite a crazy story and it sounds ridiculous when it’s summarized, but my mother was actually conned out of £1.2m by a ‘psychic’ and her husband who was a computer hacker. Not going to go into details but I don’t believe in magic and all that, and I resent psychics, fortune tellers and any other type of future-predicting based charlatanry. Claiming to be psychic is a way of completely cheating a living and cheating people of their money

I bought a green banana once, from a vendor who promised that it would ripen in the evening and taste good when it becomes yellow. I checked in the evening, it was still green. I returned the banana.

How does one lose 1.2M before figuring out that they are being conned? at what point did they realize that the magic stuff wasn’t bearing results?

I bought a green banana once, from a vendor who promised that it would ripen in the evening and taste good when it becomes yellow. I checked in the evening, it was still green. I returned the banana.

How does one lose 1.2M before figuring out that they are being conned? at what point did they realize that the magic stuff wasn’t bearing results?

Well she was convinced by the fact that the woman was telling her things she’d said on her phone and details she couldn’t possibly have known, which her husband was feeding her (he was a hacker like I said), the whatsapp account of someone she knew was taken over by them and he was making out that he was in danger over a long period of time, and he needed money to survive which she gave him, aswell as paying the psychic huge amounts to ‘help’ as it was a ‘special case’. It was extortion by fear, carried out by a hacker and someone claiming (and seemingly proving) to know things about her and her family. Like I said, without the details it sounds like a ridiculous and stupid, and even with the details it sounds ridiculous and stupid, but she’s a highly educated and intelligent person. The whole thing was just well executed and beyond cruel

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

Completely agreed, but I was raised in a sub-urban town and I consider myself to be as street smart as you can be. It varies from person to person, and people who are overprotected by their parents when being raised tend to lack what seems like common sense in such situations. The whole affair isn’t something I would have believed, on the basis that I won’t give the time of day to ‘psychics’, nor will I listen to anything they have to tell me, but based on what I saw, when she got sucked in I could understand how it escalated.

I found a gig that said “I will procrastinate for you”… So I guess there is literally something out there for everyone.

I hope he’s got a degree or at least some kind of qualifications. I don’t want someone unqualified doing my procrastination 😯

Archived