Any tips or advice on starting out?

kyeh1124

Hello,
I’ve been on Fiverr since September 2016, but so far I’ve only sold three gigs (once for each of the three). I’ve noticed that there are plenty of sellers out there who have registered around the time I did, and are very successful already. I’ve tried promoting too, but I see not much difference. To be fair however, I have been fairly inactive (only responding to messages when I receive notifications from my phone) on Fiverr for the past few months. Are there any tips out there for sellers like me? And will anyone be willing to quickly check over my gigs to let me know how I can improve them and possibly attract more potential buyers?

(I also get that I need to be patient, but I can’t help but think I must be doing something wrong if I get barely any views on my gigs.)

Thanks!

Hi,

First and foremost, the issue is the competition in the areas your gigs are targeted at. A lot of successful Fiverr sellers are already offering the services you do, and the main issue is that there’s nothing differentiating your gigs for theirs. In such a situation, when faced with a new gig, and a gig with hundreds, if not thousands of reivews, the buyer will go for the safe option every time, especially if there’s seemingly nothing to differentiate between what the two of you are offering.

I’d suggest adjusting the gig names. They’re attempting to be as broad as possible, making use of the word ‘any’, but you really want to target a specific market, rather than trying to draw anyone from any market, as those people will go for the first successful gig they see when yours doesn’t seem to offer anything particular, or eye-catching even.

Thirdly, your Fiverr picture does not convey a very professional image. If you’re offering services where sellers need to be professional and skilled, such as writing, you want to give off the image of being an utmost professional. I’d suggest a smart profile picture of yourself, perhaps in a suit, but make sure to also remain friendly and approachable looking. Don’t feel self conscious about the way you look, if that’s an issue for you.

Those are the three key things I drew from looking at your profile. Good luck!

Hi,

First and foremost, the issue is the competition in the areas your gigs are targeted at. A lot of successful Fiverr sellers are already offering the services you do, and the main issue is that there’s nothing differentiating your gigs for theirs. In such a situation, when faced with a new gig, and a gig with hundreds, if not thousands of reivews, the buyer will go for the safe option every time, especially if there’s seemingly nothing to differentiate between what the two of you are offering.

I’d suggest adjusting the gig names. They’re attempting to be as broad as possible, making use of the word ‘any’, but you really want to target a specific market, rather than trying to draw anyone from any market, as those people will go for the first successful gig they see when yours doesn’t seem to offer anything particular, or eye-catching even.

Thirdly, your Fiverr picture does not convey a very professional image. If you’re offering services where sellers need to be professional and skilled, such as writing, you want to give off the image of being an utmost professional. I’d suggest a smart profile picture of yourself, perhaps in a suit, but make sure to also remain friendly and approachable looking. Don’t feel self conscious about the way you look, if that’s an issue for you.

Those are the three key things I drew from looking at your profile. Good luck!

Thank you for the tips, I’ll be sure make some changes soon!

Archived