Promoted Gigs - Genuine Benefit?

parradesigns

I’d like some genuine opinions on this. I’m not sure if the ‘Promoted Gigs’ feature is available for everyone - it states that it’s a beta feature available for selected gigs, but I’m not sure exactly how widespread it is. Anyhow, I was wondering if it does have a genuine benefit. It almost seems like I get more sales when it’s off, compared to when it’s on and set at the maximum setting of 15%.

My thoughts on this are to do with the way it displays your gig when it’s on. The ‘Ad’ icon which appears on the promoted listing of your gig makes it look almost like a spam listing, and I feel like people have become accustomed to ignoring advertisements, or products which state that they are advertisements.
Is that just me, or has anyone else felt the same way?

I’d like some genuine opinions on this. I’m not sure if the ‘Promoted Gigs’ feature is available for everyone - it states that it’s a beta feature available for selected gigs, but I’m not sure exactly how widespread it is. Anyhow, I was wondering if it does have a genuine benefit. It almost seems like I get more sales when it’s off, compared to when it’s on and set at the maximum setting of 15%.

My thoughts on this are to do with the way it displays your gig when it’s on. The ‘Ad’ icon which appears on the promoted listing of your gig makes it look almost like a spam listing, and I feel like people have become accustomed to ignoring advertisements, or products which state that they are advertisements.

The ‘Ad’ icon which appears on the promoted listing of your gig makes it look almost like a spam listing, and I feel like people have become accustomed to ignoring advertisements, or products which state that they are advertisements

I skip advertised links on google. I skip advertised gigs on 5r.

It’s not just you, it’s me too!

promoted listing of your gig makes it look almost like a spam listing

Completely agreed.

I skip promoted gigs. Ads. Spam. Spam. Spam.

It feels like my bestseller has become a shelf warmer when I flicked the Promoted switch. The promotion only pulled in one buyer.
Funny thing: I just switched it off. Virtually seconds before I got an order on this gig 🙂

(Shame though, it’s the same buyer who ordered some days ago so Fiverr still gets its extra cut)

Personally, I have benefited from it on my voicemail gig… even though the 35% is steep, I’ve had a much steadier flow of buyers, and because I’m delivering a higher volume of successful orders, I’ve noticed it climb the ranks naturally when it’s not displayed as an ad. Before promoted gigs, I had maybe 34 reviews on it (after having it nearly a year), and now it has 93 total as of the last 6-7 weeks.

at the end of the day, it’s been a positive, because many people that have been satisfied with my voicemail gig, have ended up ordering my main voiceover gig (that isn’t promoted).

Personally, I have benefited from it on my voicemail gig… even though the 35% is steep, I’ve had a much steadier flow of buyers, and because I’m delivering a higher volume of successful orders, I’ve noticed it climb the ranks naturally when it’s not displayed as an ad. Before promoted gigs, I had maybe 34 reviews on it (after having it nearly a year), and now it has 93 total as of the last 6-7 weeks.

at the end of the day, it’s been a positive, because many people that have been satisfied with my voicemail gig, have ended up ordering my main voiceover gig (that isn’t promoted).

I appreciate the insight. My slower flow of buyers recently when it’s been on may have been a result of other factors, but whenever I’ve had promoted gigs on, the difference hasn’t been major, or at least not enough to justify completing orders for 15% less. I’m glad to hear it’s working for you though, I hope it continues. Good luck!

Archived