Did Facebook actually help you?

aiexander

I have a question to you, the readers (my homies).

Given the many so-called Facebook ‘promotion’ gigs out there. A contemplation arises. Did Facebook help you in any way whatsoever, get the desired exposure or bring additional clients to you?

Personally, I have only had a single customer so far (not complaining or anything), but I have been pondering upon this issue for quite a while since I thought about creating a Facebook account for such purposes.

Please share your stories below 😀

Sorry I don’t have a story to tell, but I have the exact same question. I received an offer in my inbox to add my gig to a number of Facebook pages. I’d like to know if it will help me increase my orders.

If the question is actually “can I promote my gigs on different facebook pages to increase my sales”, then I think yes, why not?

If you know that you’re doing a good job then search for some groups or pages that are dealing with freelancers or what kind of work you do.

It is a high probability that someone search already for what you offer and they will buy from you.

Just make sure you do a great job so you get recommendations, online and offline.

But if you want to buy gigs to promote your gigs, then it won’t work at all.

Best job is what you make on your own. You have all the time in the world, start promoting yourself.

most promotions on social media are fake.

if it’s about getting likes/views/friends/followers/etc…then it’s against fb TOS

Thank you for the notice, however, what I am trying to figure out is if, by any means, your’s or someone else’s post about your gig on Facebook yielded anything positive towards your account e.g. views or requests etc.

Thanks ☺️

@spark4hope

Thanks for the good advice. Always take matters into your own hands, I like that.

If the question is actually “can I promote my gigs on different facebook pages to increase my sales”, then I think yes, why not?

If you know that you’re doing a good job then search for some groups or pages that are dealing with freelancers or what kind of work you do.

It is a high probability that someone search already for what you offer and they will buy from you.

Just make sure you do a great job so you get recommendations, online and offline.

But if you want to buy gigs to promote your gigs, then it won’t work at all.

Best job is what you make on your own. You have all the time in the world, start promoting yourself.

Thank you spark4hope! I keep being reminded that there are few shortcuts to success. I’ll keep doing things the ‘old fashioned’ way. I think it will pay off in the end.

Archived