Fiverr is not job worthy anymore

smartgem

I’m fairly new to Fiverr and definitely can’t make a living off of it, especially with my tuition bills (currently a student) , but hopefully my orders begin to grow a lot more. It seems a large majority of people are able to make some good money off of their gigs. As far as my observations, it appears patience is key when starting off on here. Hopefully I can stay persistent and receive some nice reviews.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had joined fiverr about one month ago. But i don’t have any order and not a single inbox message for service enquiry. I feel that fiverr is not good for earnings anymore. I have gigs of many different categories and i am masterpiece in writing designing marketing advertising etc

But i don’t have any order and not a single inbox message for service enquiry. I feel that fiverr is not good for earnings anymore. I have gigs of many different categories and i am masterpiece in writing

Also, if you’re a master in writing, why do you have so many grammatical errors?

Guest wolphire

Not job worthy anymore? You’ve only joined for a month so there’s still lots of time! I only just got a custom request! 😃 You’re not alone!

⬆️️ The Truth has been spoken. :clap:t2:

Nothing left for me… I hope the OP pay attention to the posts here without getting offensive as if you look at it the other way around, these are TIPS and TRICKS everyone is looking for. :roll_eyes:

Get ALL THE ORDERS with this one weird trick…

Pay $100 to learn it’s just patience and careful writing. 😋

Exactly, my point. A normal human being can only be expert in one thing, you can not be an expert of everything.

Exactly, my point. A normal human being can only be expert in one thing, you can not be an expert of everything.

That’s not true. If you work hard at many things, you can be good at many things. (Ok, I borrowed that from #GaryVee, but it’s true nonetheless)

Hi Smartgem, I share your pain but it is too early to give up. Remember we all have different ways to reach the top. Some arrive in a blink of an eye while others took donkey years. The most important thing is for us to get there. I didn’t start well but after the first month I experience a quantum leap.

I will leave you with this" Thomas Edison did 1000 experiments before he invented the light bulb"

Regards

I think it’ still job worthy and all beginners( those who join less than a month) should be patient. Don’t give up yet, It’s too early. So far in less than a month I only get 3 orders and that was a nice starter. Now,I am addicted to work more. One advice I can give is that, try to show people your best portfolio so they know how and what to expect from you. Also, there’s a section in this forum on " how to improve your gig". Take a good look, read and implement it on your gig

Regards,
Cemy

I think it’ still job worthy and all beginners( those who join less than a month) should be patient. Don’t give up yet, It’s too early. So far in less than a month I only get 3 orders and that was a nice starter. Now,I am addicted to work more. One advice I can give is that, try to show people your best portfolio so they know how and what to expect from you. Also, there’s a section in this forum on " how to improve your gig". Take a good look, read and implement it on your gig

Regards,

Cemy

Agreed! I have only been here for a little over 2 weeks and already got a 20 dollar gig. I actually worked hard and did Buyer Requests to get the gig as well, so I certainly didn’t have anyone come to me and request my services as of yet.

So one has to be patient in order to earn money on this site, or elsewhere. Nobody is entitled to money on this app, and making oneself visible to others is vital to success here on Fiverr and any other site ever.

If I have a job to post I always look around to see if there are (skilled) people with almost no reviews or no reviews at all.

It’s hard to get started here especially with all the people who are here for years and have a headstart (a lot of 5*) so I prefer to give beginners a fair chance.
And yes this helps, some people got more jobs after they did mine successfully and got a good review for it.

So why not give this guy a try with something simple like a plain link post on his “well visited” facebook page.

He promotes that almost 130.000 users follow it.
When you look at the link he sent back it’s suddenly only 22.000.
Posting the link took ages actually it was never posted till I pointed out to him that he already passed his deadline.
Then I got a job completed message. Great!..
But guess what… nothing to see on that page.

Now it appears that it was posted on a (fake) profile page from a woman with no followers at all.
Believe it or not but that profile page was created on the same day as this thread was created.
(April 7 and already 5000+ (scripted) ‘friends’ in a week?)

When I told him that the deal was a post on that 22K page he replied that it will show up there in 72 hours as it takes time to post to other groups and that page etc. especially as he was locked out of facebook for 72 hours after an image upload(?).

Posting is a matter of minutes and it’s quite a coincidense that it needs 72 hours which is just the time to auto complete the payments of “completed” orders.

As I read in the posts above It appears that it’s one of these persons that promotes himself to be an expert in about everything he can come up with just to make money the easy way.

Lying will hit you back in the face later.

If this would’ve been my first Fiverr attempt it would’ve been my last as this makes fiverr look poor and bad.

I asked a refund which is fair in this case imo and he gave it after a few more excuses and shifting the blame on/to me.
Oh and he promised some free negative marketing for my apps aswell and I already got a 1* review from him and 2 additional 1* ratings on my app as revenge. How low can you go.

This is the kind of situation you never hope to get into especially when doing the person a favor.

I hope his other gigs are better organized than this one. Good luck I’d say.

If I have a job to post I always look around to see if there are (skilled) people with almost no reviews or no reviews at all.

It’s hard to get started here especially with all the people who are here for years and have a headstart (a lot of 5*) so I prefer to give beginners a fair chance.

And yes this helps, some people got more jobs after they did mine successfully and got a good review for it.

So why not give this guy a try with something simple like a plain link post on his “well visited” facebook page.

He promotes that almost 130.000 users follow it.

When you look at the link he sent back it’s suddenly only 22.000.

Posting the link took ages actually it was never posted till I pointed out to him that he already passed his deadline.

Then I got a job completed message. Great!..

But guess what… nothing to see on that page.

Now it appears that it was posted on a (fake) profile page from a woman with no followers at all.

Believe it or not but that profile page was created on the same day as this thread was created.

(April 7 and already 5000+ (scripted) ‘friends’ in a week?)

When I told him that the deal was a post on that 22K page he replied that it will show up there in 72 hours as it takes time to post to other groups and that page etc. especially as he was locked out of facebook for 72 hours after an image upload(?).

Posting is a matter of minutes and it’s quite a coincidense that it needs 72 hours which is just the time to auto complete the payments of “completed” orders.

As I read in the posts above It appears that it’s one of these persons that promotes himself to be an expert in about everything he can come up with just to make money the easy way.

Lying will hit you back in the face later.

If this would’ve been my first Fiverr attempt it would’ve been my last as this makes fiverr look poor and bad.

I asked a refund which is fair in this case imo and he gave it after a few more excuses and shifting the blame on/to me.

Oh and he promised some free negative marketing for my apps aswell and I already got a 1* review from him and 2 additional 1* ratings on my app as revenge. How low can you go.

This is the kind of situation you never hope to get into especially when doing the person a favor.

I hope his other gigs are better organized than this one. Good luck I’d say.

Don’t let it pass with a Cancellation only.

Report the Seller to the Customer Support with the screenshots of his “promise” of “free negative marketing”. Also screenshot the 1 - star reviews you’ve received from him and send it all to the CS.

It will most certainly get his account banned.

Then proceed to contacting your APP store / host and send the screenshots of the threats while asking them to remove it (and whether they require further evidence to confirm that the review is illegitimate and illegal).

This kind of behavior is not only unethical and unprofessional but abusive and illegal as well. Doing something like this in real life could put a person in court room. I don’t understand why people feel like they have the right to do it online and feel like they won’t get sanctioned in any way.

Make sure to protect the Fiverr’s Buyers by contacting CS and making sure they know all about his endeavors. They’ll ban him for sure.

Richard,

funny that you mention the ban… the line below should’ve rang a bell.

I have no review yet but i was 2 level seller but my account was disabled. So trust me i am pro and experienced

unprofessional indeed:

Have a nice day… may god spoil you

But from now i will do negative campaign of your application games

I know you can contact apple for the reviews, but it’s on google play and I doubt they have interest in such things.

look at the url of that facebook profile > https://www.■■■■■■■■■■■■*****

I doubt a ban would help, he’ll just create another account.

Mod Note: URL removed!

Richard,

I have no review yet but i was 2 level seller but my account was disabled. So trust me i am pro and experienced

unprofessional indeed:

I know you can contact apple for the reviews, but it’s on google play and I doubt they have interest in such things.

Wow, that line alone could get his account banned considering that once your Account is disabled on Fiverr you are not allowed to come back and create another.

You should definitely contact the Fiverr CS and they may go as far as banning his IP from joining Fiverr due to all the illegal activities and breaches of ToS that he made.

The second quote is not unprofessional, it’s illegal.

Blackmails, abuse and malicious behavior coupled with open threats is literally on the other side of the Law - not the other side of professional ethic.

I believe that you should still report him to the CS and I’m sure as hell they may even go as far as banning his IP considering that the level of illegal activity he brings on Fiverr is dangerous for Fiverr itself.

Please do not be disheartened and let this behavior go unpunished. There are literally thousands of honest, hard working Sellers on Fiverr who deserve not having someone like him stain their reputation and name.

P.S. I’d like to applaud your kindhearted determination to give a chance to the New Sellers. We were all new sellers with 0 reviews at one point, and it’s people like you who enabled us to grow and become who we are now. Thank you for that.

Wow, that line alone could get his account banned considering that once your Account is disabled on Fiverr you are not allowed to come back and create another.

You should definitely contact the Fiverr CS and they may go as far as banning his IP from joining Fiverr due to all the illegal activities and breaches of ToS that he made.

Blackmails, abuse and malicious behavior coupled with open threats is literally on the other side of the Law - not the other side of professional ethic.

I believe that you should still report him to the CS and I’m sure as hell they may even go as far as banning his IP considering that the level of illegal activity he brings on Fiverr is dangerous for Fiverr itself.

Please do not be disheartened and let this behavior go unpunished. There are literally thousands of honest, hard working Sellers on Fiverr who deserve not having someone like him stain their reputation and name.

P.S. I’d like to applaud your kindhearted determination to give a chance to the New Sellers. We were all new sellers with 0 reviews at one point, and it’s people like you who enabled us to grow and become who we are now. Thank you for that.

unfortunately the people from google don’t want to remove the 3 1* reviews.

the review (text) still fits in their posting guidelines.

Altho the guidelines say "Don’t post fake reviews intended to boost or lower ratings."

which was the case here with the ratings.

So I guess I’m stuck with the low rating now so hopes to even get more installs is kind of low.

thanks, but this goodwill is slapping me in the face now.

that person is still attacking me with negative reviews. just got 3 other 1* reviews in a few minutes with bad english sentences (“worst fake”, “very bad”, “hangin”)

if anyone feels like leaving a real review as counter attack then let me know. (I won’t spam the app link here)

Richard,

unprofessional indeed:

That absolutely should have rung a bell on the one hand, but on the other hand I guess if one didn´t have a bad experience like that before, and isn´t aware of some things happening, all over the internet, not just here, it´s easy to read something like ‘oh well, he had technical problems and had to open a new account, poor guy’ or something like that into it.

What your experience clearly shows is that buyers are well-advised to approach this with some healthy scepticism and that Fiverr should do the best they can to keep people from opening new accounts when their previous ones weren´t disabled by themselves but by Fiverr for good reason.

Sorry to hear how this is affecting your app reviews now, that´s really sad.

Like Richard, I think you should report that, maybe it´s enough for them to not just ban his new account but his IP and MAC.

Guest utsolution

thanks, but this goodwill is slapping me in the face now.

that person is still attacking me with negative reviews. just got 3 other 1* reviews in a few minutes with bad english sentences (“worst fake”, “very bad”, “hangin”)

if anyone feels like leaving a real review as counter attack then let me know. (I won’t spam the app link here)

You can remove google reviews (Fake)

Guest utsolution

@geeveebee

I have to applaud you for your kindhearted behaviour for that novice seller.
We all have to grow from that point ( 0 review) and buyers like you help us to proliferate in this freelance marketing platform.
Thanks for that

I have idea to remove the fake google reviews and i must willingly want to help you. Please inbox me asap.

That absolutely should have rung a bell on the one hand, but on the other hand I guess if one didn´t have a bad experience like that before, and isn´t aware of some things happening, all over the internet, not just here, it´s easy to read something like ‘oh well, he had technical problems and had to open a new account, poor guy’ or something like that into it.

What your experience clearly shows is that buyers are well-advised to approach this with some healthy scepticism and that Fiverr should do the best they can to keep people from opening new accounts when their previous ones weren´t disabled by themselves but by Fiverr for good reason.

Like Richard, I think you should report that, maybe it´s enough for them to not just ban his new account but his IP and MAC.

I do agree that even though @geeveebee intentions were in the right place, it’s very useful to use the necessary caution in all business dealings. Especially online where you can’t see the other party and all information you have about him/her is exclusively presented online.

I’d still suggest to report the Seller and keep in touch with CS as well as Google’s team in order to provide them with all the evidence necessary to sanction this behavior.

not just ban his new account but his IP and MAC.

That isn’t a good idea. MACs are easily spoofed, and IP addresses are rotated to different people.

Archived