Content And Vulnerable

fitrigwrites4u

So, ˝content˝ and ˝vulnerable˝, even though I know the meaning from dictionary, I still don´t get it what they really mean. I would be very happy if you can give me examples of when you feel content and when you feel vulnerable. Believe it or not, I found it difficult to spell vulnerable, so what I did was to search the right spelling on Google and copy paste here.

“Content” is being happy with one’s current situation. Right now, I am content with how things are going on Fiverr; I’m getting sales and positive reviews.

“Vulnerable” is feeling a little unsafe but not so far as ‘afraid’. Like, when I fell in love with my boyfriend, I was vulnerable because there was the possibility of being hurt by him. There still is that possibility, but I feel more secure in our relationship, so I don’t feel as scared of being hurt.

“Content” is being happy with one’s current situation. Right now, I am content with how things are going on Fiverr; I’m getting sales and positive reviews.

“Vulnerable” is feeling a little unsafe but not so far as ‘afraid’. Like, when I fell in love with my boyfriend, I was vulnerable because there was the possibility of being hurt by him. There still is that possibility, but I feel more secure in our relationship, so I don’t feel as scared of being hurt.

@tee_hi Thanks for the answer. So, I can say I am content with my husband and my dogs. I think for me ˝content˝ is much easier to understand than ˝ vulnerable˝. So, when let´s say I am afraid of snakes, can I say I am vulnerable of snakes?

@tee_hi Thanks for the answer. So, I can say I am content with my husband and my dogs. I think for me ˝content˝ is much easier to understand than ˝ vulnerable˝. So, when let´s say I am afraid of snakes, can I say I am vulnerable of snakes?

Exactly! But with vulnerable, it may be more correct to say that you’re vulnerable to being bitten. Vulnerable is more about being open to something happening (being hurt, being bitten, being cut, for instance) than about the thing that may cause the pain…Sorry if that was too wordy; it’s hard to explain.

Exactly! But with vulnerable, it may be more correct to say that you’re vulnerable to being bitten. Vulnerable is more about being open to something happening (being hurt, being bitten, being cut, for instance) than about the thing that may cause the pain…Sorry if that was too wordy; it’s hard to explain.

@tee_hi I see. I really appreciate your explanation, TY. I think it´s clear now 🙂

If you don´t mind, can I ask you if it´s correct or not the way I use it in these two sentences, just to make sure I understood it really well?

1). I´m scared of flying, I feel vulnerable when I´m in a plane (during the flight).

2). One of my old dogs is super old, I feel vulnerable everytime I think of he doesn´t have many more days left to be with us, he could leave us anytime.

My understanding now is, vulnerable is very similar to worries, is that correct? Sorry for the trouble.

I guess another way of saying it is that when one’s vulnerable, they’re in a position of having something DONE to them; it’s about the action itself rather than the thing that is doing the action…So in your example, you’re in a position to BE bitten; the snake would just be the one doing the biting.

@tee_hi I see. I really appreciate your explanation, TY. I think it´s clear now 🙂

If you don´t mind, can I ask you if it´s correct or not the way I use it in these two sentences, just to make sure I understood it really well?

1). I´m scared of flying, I feel vulnerable when I´m in a plane (during the flight).

2). One of my old dogs is super old, I feel vulnerable everytime I think of he doesn´t have many more days left to be with us, he could leave us anytime.

My understanding now is, vulnerable is very similar to worries, is that correct? Sorry for the trouble.

#1 is correct, #2 is a little difficult to say; another word may be better, but it’s not completely incorrect.

“Content” is like a shape shifting monster which changes its meaning according to the context.

Check this out :

I am content with the fact that my laptop has good content.

The first instance of ‘content’ means ‘satisfied’ and the second instance means ‘good stuff’.

when let´s say I am afraid of snakes, can I say I am vulnerable of snakes?

‘Vulnerable’ is relatively straightforward.

You are apprehensive of snakes because you are vulnerable to venom.

Vulnerability stems from a real threat, and apprehension comes from a perception of that threat.

To straighten out the nuance further :

• All humans are vulnerable to venom, but all of them may not be apprehensive of snakes.

• At the same time, there might be people who are apprehensive of snakes even though it is a non-venomous snake, but they are not vulnerable.

“Content” is like a shape shifting monster which changes its meaning according to the context.

Check this out :

I am content with the fact that my laptop has good content.

The first instance of ‘content’ means ‘satisfied’ and the second instance means ‘good stuff’.

when let´s say I am afraid of snakes, can I say I am vulnerable of snakes?

‘Vulnerable’ is relatively straightforward.

You are apprehensive of snakes because you are vulnerable to venom.

Vulnerability stems from a real threat, and apprehension comes from a perception of that threat.

To straighten out the nuance further :

• All humans are vulnerable to venom, but all of them may not be apprehensive of snakes.

• At the same time, there might be people who are apprehensive of snakes even though it is a non-venomous snake, but they are not vulnerable.

@silkroute Thanks a bunch for the explanation. Especially how you explain how people in general feel about snakes, now I really get it 🙂

@silkroute Thanks a bunch for the explanation. Especially how you explain how people in general feel about snakes, now I really get it 🙂

English is a funny language. In fact, it isn’t one language, it is three little kids stacked on top of each other, wearing a trench coat, claiming to be a single person.

5054735442_8123.jpg.80d4bd57820c85c193063859b5659e08.jpg

Latin + Greek + French = English.

Here’s some fun stuff just to mess with your head :

I want to wind up this conversation and go out to enjoy the wind.

Wind = wrap up

Wind = air

I don’t want to lead you into believing that there is lead in your bass.

Lead = guide

Lead = metal

Bass = fish

Bass = sound

Here’s one more :

I’m a knew cellar on Fiverr

I’m a new seller on Fiverr

This is just too much fun. Okay, one last thing :

Waited with baited breath.

Weighted with bated breadth.

English is a funny language. In fact, it isn’t one language, it is three little kids stacked on top of each other, wearing a trench coat, claiming to be a single person.

fab948bea729e3d1930419a90e5a403c8ebf185f.jpg

Latin + Greek + French = English.

Here’s some fun stuff just to mess with your head :

I want to wind up this conversation and go out to enjoy the wind.

Wind = wrap up

Wind = air

I don’t want to lead you into believing that there is lead in your bass.

Lead = guide

Lead = metal

Bass = fish

Bass = sound

Here’s one more :

I’m a knew cellar on Fiverr

I’m a new seller on Fiverr

This is just too much fun. Okay, one last thing :

Waited with baited breath.

Weighted with bated breadth.

@silkroute 😂

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

This is for real? God, Indian companies have lost it then. Really happy I work for myself. Political correctness gone mad. This is what happens when you let too many HRs run the show.

This is for real? God, Indian companies have lost it then. Really happy I work for myself. Political correctness gone mad. This is what happens when you let too many HRs run the show.

Yup.

The company culture has nothing to do with it. The HR is there not to solve employee issues, but to mitigate lawsuits against the company, so if a complaint arrives, they have no option but to urge the complainant to file a written account of their experience. Not doing so could lead to repercussions for the company.

It is their way of shifting the narrative from ‘employee vs hostile work environment’ to ‘employee vs other employee’. That way, they get to insulate the company from any blame, by reducing it down to ‘individual behavior’.

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

Funny story…I worked for an MNC a few years back. Word got around that I was too arrogant and did not respect my seniors. So the HR summoned me and told me how grateful I should be for wearing the company tag. I told her, “yeah, I am so grateful that I could literally pay the company the salary they pay me, and pay your salary too…” And I quit. 😂

Funny story…I worked for an MNC a few years back. Word got around that I was too arrogant and did not respect my seniors. So the HR summoned me and told me how grateful I should be for wearing the company tag. I told her, “yeah, I am so grateful that I could literally pay the company the salary they pay me, and pay your salary too…” And I quit. 😂

(I’m out of hearts again BTW, but some of those would have been wasted on posts with a short shelf life anyhow :p)

Bhai, you have arelaxed attituden attitude problem only people backed up by bronze tax certificates can afford. 😉

(I’m out of hearts again BTW, but some of those would have been wasted on posts with a short shelf life anyhow :p)

He is a very good tax payer, isn´t he? 🙂

One of my old dogs is super old, I feel vulnerable everytime I think of he doesn´t have many more days left to be with us, he could leave us anytime.

That’s quite inaccurate, scientifically speaking. We all know that dogs never die.

Yeah because of my attitude, I live alone at 35 and am unemployed and considered unemployable in India 😆

@writer99025 But you have everything you need (I mean financially, you don´t need an employer, so that´s okay if you are unemployable). With the wife matter, perhaps all you need is meet more people in person if you want to have a wife. But you don´t have to if you don´t want to. I´m kind of similar to you. I didn´t want to get married at first. I never thought I would meet a man I can stand and can stand me in long term. But then some years ago I met my husband accidently while I was abroad (long story). I started to date him and then I realised, there is always at least one right person for you, a perfect person for you and you are a perfect person for someone, no matter how/what you are. When you meet each other, you would be best friends. I would not have married anyone who could not be my best friend. I am telling you this from first hand experience. My husband is my best friend, I am his best friend. We have been through thick and thin together, and somehow we stay happy and stronger. That´s what happens when your spouse is your best friend. Like Oprah says, “Everyone wants to ride with you in the limo, but what you want is someone who will take the bus with you when the limo breaks down.”

Actually most of the time I am nice to people, but I am stubborn and don´t take craps from people. I do whatever I want as long as I don´t hurt others.

One of my old dogs is super old, I feel vulnerable everytime I think of he doesn´t have many more days left to be with us, he could leave us anytime.

That’s quite inaccurate, scientifically speaking. We all know that dogs never die.

@silkroute Well, I know for a fact that memories with them stay with us (the people, the dog owners). 🙂

@writer99025 But you have everything you need (I mean financially, you don´t need an employer, so that´s okay if you are unemployable). With the wife matter, perhaps all you need is meet more people in person if you want to have a wife. But you don´t have to if you don´t want to. I´m kind of similar to you. I didn´t want to get married at first. I never thought I would meet a man I can stand and can stand me in long term. But then some years ago I met my husband accidently while I was abroad (long story). I started to date him and then I realised, there is always at least one right person for you, a perfect person for you and you are a perfect person for someone, no matter how/what you are. When you meet each other, you would be best friends. I would not have married anyone who could not be my best friend. I am telling you this from first hand experience. My husband is my best friend, I am his best friend. We have been through thick and thin together, and somehow we stay happy and stronger. That´s what happens when your spouse is your best friend. Like Oprah says, “Everyone wants to ride with you in the limo, but what you want is someone who will take the bus with you when the limo breaks down.”

Actually most of the time I am nice to people, but I am stubborn and don´t take craps from people. I do whatever I want as long as I don´t hurt others.

My husband is my best friend

Poor husband! couldn’t escape the friendzone even after getting married.

5d3fbe21b18240a69950e78f569e41f8.gif.6fc15bd10b4222d0c9628c7402a8234b.gif

Archived