Who else can never sleep at night?

recspec

What did they do when they woke up in the middle of the night and it was dark and they didn’t have artificial light? … maybe I shouldn’t have asked that question 😳

What did they do when they woke up in the middle of the night and it was dark and they didn’t have artificial light? …

Some were doing the obvious: making babies. 🙂 Or just relaxing, thinking (scholars, philosophers), reading by candlelight (the same), praying (there were some prayers to be said between the two sleeps), talking… Some would get more active, and visit the neighbors (yes, at about 2 AM or something), or do some tasks that can be done by candlelight or moonlight (I’ve read about sewing or chopping wood as examples, though both seem unhealthy and risky).

Reddit sucks anyways.

I recently broke up with my ex and started dating a new guy after him 2 days later so yeah my sleeping pattern is a bit messed up

lol I mostly go there to read the badroommate and relationship subreddits because I like reading about other people’s problems.

What did they do when they woke up in the middle of the night and it was dark and they didn’t have artificial light? … maybe I shouldn’t have asked that question 😳

Haha, they would light candles, sometimes go and visit their friends for a little while and chat…

If you’re interested in reading more about it, Roger Ekirch was the first historian to write about it, and many others have picked up on it now. I can’t link to articles on here (I think that’s against the rules), but if you google “Segmented Sleep”, you’ll find a bunch of articles on it. Pretty interesting. 🙂

Reddit sucks anyways.

I recently broke up with my ex and started dating a new guy after him 2 days later so yeah my sleeping pattern is a bit messed up

I recently broke up with my ex and started dating a new guy after him 2 days later

That’s the way to do it. 👍

What did they do when they woke up in the middle of the night and it was dark and they didn’t have artificial light? …

Some were doing the obvious: making babies. 🙂 Or just relaxing, thinking (scholars, philosophers), reading by candlelight (the same), praying (there were some prayers to be said between the two sleeps), talking… Some would get more active, and visit the neighbors (yes, at about 2 AM or something), or do some tasks that can be done by candlelight or moonlight (I’ve read about sewing or chopping wood as examples, though both seem unhealthy and risky).

It makes sense to me. I do that anyway, get up for 2 hours in the middle of the night and read or forum post 🙂

Guest allonah

As nerdy as it may sound, I’m religious about sleeping from 10 PM to around 6 AM which is the time of the night scientists (and myself) have discovered best fits our biorhythm and provides our body with the longest ‘deep sleep’ sleep stage (awake, light sleep, deep sleep, REM) which were proven to be the most restorative and rejuvenating both mentally and physically.

I love performing at my peak level and this simple (and free habit) greatly enhanced my performance.

I work from 10 PM to 7 AM. Somehow, I sleep better during the day than I used to at night. However, I do use sleep videos (or mostly the audio of them) to fall asleep.

I always get tired after my unimportant activities in the afternoon. So I almost always sleep well at night. I am very rarely stay awake at night. I had that time though when I used to be awake at night, very very long time ago when I did double jobs, it ruined my appearance and health. Now I look much more fresh and am healthier ever since I don´t stay awake at night anymore.

• 2 years later...

As nerdy as it may sound, I’m religious about sleeping from 10 PM to around 6 AM which is the time of the night scientists (and myself) have discovered best fits our biorhythm and provides our body with the longest ‘deep sleep’ sleep stage (awake, light sleep, deep sleep, REM) which were proven to be the most restorative and rejuvenating both mentally and physically.

I love performing at my peak level and this simple (and free habit) greatly enhanced my performance.

Which country do you live?

Guest fibocci

I used to have terrible insomnia for weeks, now I fall asleep at around 8PM even after checking screens. I guess my circadian rhythm itself is sick of getting tired during the day and is trying to fix itself now… having daily obligations early in the morning helped.

I never seem to have that issue of not being able to sleep. As soon as my head hits the pillow, I’m in Dreamland.

I do recall not being able to sleep once, no matter how I tried. I had just changed locations, and I am quite prone to having system changes when in a new environment.

It was definitely not a great experience.

Archived