Sellers, do you brag about your tips?

gina_riley2

In my never ending endeavor to find another seller to ❤️ for future purchases, I found something interesting about myself.

A particular seller, gender unknown, wrote “Thank you for the tip,” or “Thank you for the great tip,” on their reviews of the buyer. As I was scrolling thru their review, seeing that phrase over and over again, I whispered something to myself that made a bell go off.

“Geeze, this guy (don’t know why I said guy) must be really good. He’s got a ton of tips.”

I practically heard the ding, ding, ding of a bell going off in my head. I recall having a short conversation with Mila about if a seller should or should not thank the buyer on the review. I told her, I personally did not care. Don’t get me wrong, I do appreciate some sort of an acknowledgement, just don’t care how.

Perhaps there is something to posting it in the review. I can’t speak for every buyer, but it seems my subconscious mind saw the fact this seller was getting a lot of tips as a sign of being a great seller.

I dunno, I could also be off my rockers. Are you a buyer, who have thought the same thing? Are you a seller who already knew this?

I do thank my buyers in reviews. Two reasons:

1. Fiverr ask(sort of) sellers to thank their buyers for tips.

tip.PNG.890b9acaade28918fa8c10e254fd0940.PNG

“Geeze, this guy (don’t know why I said guy) must be really good. He’s got a ton of tips.”

fe88ae59a911e844252bd8380346f68c4c61cb69.PNG

😕 How is the first one a reason? Clicking that button always leads me to a private message box in which I say thank you and whatever else I want to say, not to the review page. (I´d say thank you anyway btw, that button just makes it easier, less clicks) But I can´t see how this is asking me to thank my buyers in reviews (not that I’m saying it´s bad to, it´s just not what I do, what others do is their business)?

fe88ae59a911e844252bd8380346f68c4c61cb69.PNG

That’s interesting. I had no idea.

So that gal that never says “thank you”, “kiss her xyz”, “go to hell” whenever I tip her is skipping that step, huh?

Very, very interesting.

😕 How is the first one a reason? Clicking that button always leads me to a private message box in which I say thank you and whatever else I want to say, not to the review page. (I´d say thank you anyway btw, that button just makes it easier, less clicks) But I can´t see how this is asking me to thank my buyers in reviews (not that I’m saying it´s bad to, it´s just not what I do, what others do is their business)?

It certainly doesn’t take anybody to reviews. I just thank them for their generosity but in reviews.

but Why???

My Thank You message will pop up as a notification on their phone/desktop screens. A review on buyer account never notifies them.

So, I wouldn’t disturb a buyer with a Thank You notification.

Oh-oh, Shubh, let´s hope that gal of Gina’s doesn´t read the forum, else there´s someone cursing you right now. 😉

Ah, I see, thanks for the explanation, I didn´t pay much attention to that ever, I´ll look at notifications whenever I get time and see some, I´m not even sure what things trigger what kinds of notifications, mails or just pink dots.

I thanked them in private message.

Off-topic:
I don’t have any payment account, and I’m going to withdraw for the first time.
Can I use my friends Payoneer/Bank account details which are already associated with His/Her Fiverr account? (I searched for it and thought to create a topic/Contact CS but I think I may get some quick answer from here 🙂 )

Oh-oh, Shubh, let´s hope that gal of Gina’s doesn´t read the forum, else there´s someone cursing you right now. 😉

Ah, I see, thanks for the explanation, I didn´t pay much attention to that ever, I´ll look at notifications whenever I get time and see some, I´m not even sure what things trigger what kinds of notifications, mails or just pink dots.

I get notification for message box.

I get notification for order page.

I do not get notification when seller reciprocate review on me.

Do you get notification when buyer does review?

Yes, We do…

Yes, Sellers get a notification when buyers put a review describing as:

“user left a 5 star/__ star review”.

Off-topic:

Can I use my friends Payoneer/Bank account details which are already associated with His/Her Fiverr account? (I searched for it and thought to create a topic/Contact CS but I think I may get some quick answer from here 🙂 )

OT for n4y33m

Oh, I highly recommend you get your own account. Don’t risk any issues with 5r thinking you have 2 accounts. Hopefully, an actual seller can answer.

review_notification.thumb.jpg.b03a51d2bdaef9c5837c7f13aacefb81.jpg

I get a mail on my phone as well, when I get a tip. 🙂

Yes, I had a buyer who was asking me about my review for him, when I had already done it a day ago. No idea why that isn´t appplied in that direction, I sure would want to see what a seller wrote in their ‘review’ of me lol. And since no notification, with my up to now 3 purchases I only thought of going to look at it on the gig page1 time.

Off-topic:

Nayeem, don´t risk that, just wait for CS to reply.

I get a mail on my phone as well, when I get a tip. 🙂

Yes, I had a buyer who was asking me about my review for him, when I had already done it a day ago. No idea why that isn´t appplied in that direction, I sure would want to see what a seller wrote in their ‘review’ of me lol. And since no notification, with my up to now 3 purchases I only thought of going to look at it on the gig page1 time.

I wonder why? Humm, conspiracy theory coming thru - give me a few minutes. 😉

I have a question though for a buyer! Speaking of tips, I see several sellers with an actual gig dedicated to just “tips”.

What option if you were leave a tip, would you use? The gig for tips? Or the tips after the order?

Is one more appealing than the other? Because I have seen that both work, I just want to know what it looks like from a buyers perspective. 🙂

[details=Supersecret OT for Gina]

Now this is interesting, see what happened when I tried to heart that post…

no_permission.png.7fd0fa3627f04a87d8ed23ca05da1973.png

Does that mean Fiverr censors liking of posts related to conspiracy theories now? 😉

Huh, and while the heart defo wasn´t there, now as we speak, it is… suspicious… 👀 [/details]

Great topic to get others POV.

Personally, I don’t see the harm in acknowledging a buyer’s generosity for a job well done via reviews. As a seller, I can only speak for myself - there are no ulterior motives, bragging rights or bologna tactics, just a heartfelt appreciation. If other buyers feel compelled to tip, then that’s a personal choice. Tips are never ever expected, but are appreciated! As Lisa pointed out; I never reveal how much 💸 tip was received… Cause, after all (nobody’s beeswax.)

As a buyer, this wouldn’t bother me at all. Begging for a tip like a peasant would!

Just my 2 cents and a biscuit.

Since I don’t eat coffee cringe I’m sipping on some chamomile 🍵.

I have a question though for a buyer! Speaking of tips, I see several sellers with an actual gig dedicated to just “tips”.

What option if you were leave a tip, would you use? The gig for tips? Or the tips after the order?

Is one more appealing than the other? Because I have seen that both work, I just want to know what it looks like from a buyers perspective. 🙂

Tips at the end of an order is a reminder, so I use those more often.

If I use a new seller who did exceptional work and they have a tip gig - I make a point to tip there, so I can leave another review. 😉

[details=Supersecret OT for Gina]

Now this is interesting, see what happened when I tried to heart that post…

Does that mean Fiverr censors liking of posts related to conspiracy theories now? 😉

Huh, and while the heart defo wasn´t there, now as we speak, it is… suspicious… 👀

Humm, I wonder . . . :thinking:

Archived