Phone Verification = Easy. What ARE You All Moaning About?

emmaki

they have a phone call verification too.

I don’t have a land line, cell line, fax line, beeper line, etc… e-mail only.

That argument has already been tried. It works with any mobile phone OR any landline, including one at a friend’s house or coffee shop nearby. It’s not that hard. Poor effort, Miro!

I am not going to put a friend’s number. I don’t want him access to my account through his/her phone and I don’t want him/her getting my fiverr messages.

including one at a friend’s house

Also, not everyone has friends

coffee shop nearby

Public phones have been dissappearing in North America for a decade now.

I do have my own website, in fact I have 377 domains.

If the number you used for ICANN records isn’t valid anymore you could loose your domains if someone decides to file whois inaccuracy complaint. Even with whoisguard the records need to be accurate.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I do have my own website, in fact I have 377 domains.

If the number you used for ICANN records isn’t valid anymore you could loose your domains if someone decides to file whois inaccuracy complaint. Even with whoisguard the records need to be accurate.

I have one of those free voicemail numbers and I also have work numbers, which I don’t use for personal reasons.

@mgjohn78

I have one of those free voicemail numbers and I also have work numbers, which I don’t use for personal reasons.

@mgjohn78

one of those free voicemail numbers and I also have work numbers, which I don’t use for personal reasons.

Great, those will also work for Fiverr phone verification. If you consider Fiverr “personal reasons” then you can stop using Fiverr to sell. No problem!

one of those free voicemail numbers and I also have work numbers, which I don’t use for personal reasons.

Great, those will also work for Fiverr phone verification. If you consider Fiverr “personal reasons” then you can stop using Fiverr to sell. No problem!

Using my work numbers/e-mails/etc… for non-work reasons is against my employment contract with my day job.

So I just got the phone verification message. I gave it my Greek phone number, it sent me an SMS code, I entered it, and it is done.

Also, I had 30 days in which to do it, so it’s not a huge rush or alarming thing or any other issue that seems to be affecting a whole bunch of other people on the forum.

Maybe it’s just because I’m a TOP RATED SELLER and Fiverr loves me more than you.

😏

I had 30 days in which to do it

It just occurred to me how wide the impact here could be. If every user on Fiverr has 30 days at this point (let’s say at least 90% if not all have to do it now) then think about what’s going to happen in 30 days.

• First you’ll have a lot of accounts that have gigs but the users only log in rarely and they probably have a few 1 star late cancels which looks bad. All those users will no longer have gigs displayed after 30 days.

• Next you have a segment of people who could not or did not really read the phone verification requirement. I’m thinking that’s a sizable number of people who have never been on the forum either. They will try ignoring the message because they don’t understand it or just don’t want to do it. They will have no gigs in 30 days either.

• Then you have a sizable group that will attempt to phone verify but will muck it up somehow. I think that’s going to be a good chunk too, for reasons too varied to discuss. Their gigs will go on pause as well, temporarily or permanently.

• Finally you have the small group that will have their gigs paused for at least a short time because they try to argue about verification for personal reasons or something on Fiverr’s end goes wrong.

• The leftovers are all the people who did phone verify and if something went wrong, they took care of it within the 30 days. Only that group will still have active gigs. Compared to the number of active sellers on Fiverr now, what percentage will be left as active sellers? Contemplate.

It just occurred to me how wide the impact here could be. If every user on Fiverr has 30 days at this point (let’s say at least 90% if not all have to do it now) then think about what’s going to happen in 30 days.

• First you’ll have a lot of accounts that have gigs but the users only log in rarely and they probably have a few 1 star late cancels which looks bad. All those users will no longer have gigs displayed after 30 days.

• Next you have a segment of people who could not or did not really read the phone verification requirement. I’m thinking that’s a sizable number of people who have never been on the forum either. They will try ignoring the message because they don’t understand it or just don’t want to do it. They will have no gigs in 30 days either.

• Then you have a sizable group that will attempt to phone verify but will muck it up somehow. I think that’s going to be a good chunk too, for reasons too varied to discuss. Their gigs will go on pause as well, temporarily or permanently.

• Finally you have the small group that will have their gigs paused for at least a short time because they try to argue about verification for personal reasons or something on Fiverr’s end goes wrong.

• The leftovers are all the people who did phone verify and if something went wrong, they took care of it within the 30 days. Only that group will still have active gigs. Compared to the number of active sellers on Fiverr now, what percentage will be left as active sellers? Contemplate.

It’s an efficient way to weed the garden.

It sounds like a decision was made to ignore all the questions and complaints about it too.

I think it’s excellent that it will get rid of all those who lie about their locations.

It’s an efficient way to weed the garden.

It sounds like a decision was made to ignore all the questions and complaints about it too.

I think it’s excellent that it will get rid of all those who lie about their locations.

It won’t stop it completely, but it will put a dent in it for sure. And with all the other groups mentioned, I think this garden will indeed get some very old weed problems at least partly fixed.

Phone verification is the best way to get rid of fake accounts.

Best way to get rid of all those who lie about their locations and identity also.

. I think it’s excellent that it will get rid of all those who lie about their locations.

Did you just copy what I wrote?

How hard is it to say your own words? It’s five posts down from mine.

IDK about withdrawals, but I think it’s just a one-off thing.

I just withdrew my money and it asked for my number to send a message to my phone

Don’t you think it’s a good feature?? 😓 People got hacked and hackers withdraw their revenues to another withdrawing account. Now Fiverr added this long waited security step (I also demanded for this feature somewhere), our account is now more secure.

Phone verification is the best way to get rid of fake accounts.

Best way to get rid of all those who lie about their locations and identity also.

get rid of all those who lie about their locations

You STILL have my words copied. Changing a few words does not make it ok.

Please try to think up your own words to write.

This is an awesome feature. As soon as I got the message, I did mine. It took me less than a minute to get it done. But for those who are finding difficult, please dont use the number pad at the right of your keyboard. Use the numeric keys just above the alphabets. I am still confused as to what ways this feature is going to get our accounts secured. Does it mean, if we want to withdraw our revenue a confirmation code will be sent to this number?

This is an awesome feature. As soon as I got the message, I did mine. It took me less than a minute to get it done. But for those who are finding difficult, please dont use the number pad at the right of your keyboard. Use the numeric keys just above the alphabets. I am still confused as to what ways this feature is going to get our accounts secured. Does it mean, if we want to withdraw our revenue a confirmation code will be sent to this number?

Does it mean, if we want to withdraw our revenue a confirmation code will be sent to this number?

According to what others have already said in this thread, yes.

Does it mean, if we want to withdraw our revenue a confirmation code will be sent to this number?

According to what others have already said in this thread, yes.

Then this is a great feature. even if you get hacked, your funds cant be…hacker must need phone number verification code for final step…thats nice. Kudos to Fiverr

Your post, and some comments made something occur to me too:

• Short term, Fiverr will probably sit on quite some money, because some people might eventually just give up/be forced to give up and didn´t think far enough to withdraw their funds before those 30 days are over.
  • Long term, Fiverr will probably sit on quite some money for a bit longer, because some people are lazy and the more steps to withdraw money, and the safer the money seems in their account because of added withdrawal phone verification, the less frequent some probably will withdraw.

I´d hate it, if my account got hacked and my hard earned money was transferred to the hacker if that could have been avoided by phone verification for withdrawals though.

Archived