Boom! Boom! Bright Sunny Day

writer99025

Was just thinking to start learning treading.

Invest in mutual funds and forget about it. Some Indian mutual funds are so smart that from Nov 9 to Dec 31, even everyone was selling, including FIIs and when so called experts predicted doom and gloom in India because of demonitization, they bought stocks worth over $30 billion. Many are now sitting on 50 to 60 percent profits in just 2-3 months.

Disclaimer: the value of investments can go down as well as up - no-one on the forum is qualified to give investment advice, not even writer! 😉

I didn’t mention any specific stocks, just told him to invest in mutual funds. Funny thing, I don’t take my own advice. My entire stock market portfolio is because of my father’s investments and my investments in my pre-Fiverr days. After I started making real money on Fiverr I became ultra safe and put everything into long-term bonds with 7-8% interest. The investment I made in 2014 Feb, just before I joined Fiverr is up by 66%-70% today. Rest of the portfolio has done even better than my earnings on Fiverr despite me not doing a thing. If only I was brave enough to invest my Fiverr earnings into index funds. Damn. And stock market investments are tax free too! WHAT A FOOL!

Archived