Outrank the competition

Guest cust0mcr3ationz

Guest cust0mcr3ationz

A lot of us veteran sellers who have been faithful kicking dirt around Fiverr for awhile are feeling the sudden blow of Fiverr V2. It’s like an infectious plague. New sellers and sellers with poor ratings outrank experienced sellers and it’s time for a change. The search engine is screwed and the algorithm has gone to hell. How do you navigate this new terrain…you fight back. You outrank the competition by offering more in your gig. If that doesn’t work maybe redoing the gig completely may actually work. Your gig won’t have any ratings but neither does there’s I seen a short story gig offer 300 words more than i do and it was not rated and had 4 orders, Another gig who was a level 1 I think and had been here less than a yr had 22 orders. That’s 26 orders I’m not seeing. Not that i want all 26 but I would have loved to see at least a few of them. The popular categories on the front page is confusing to use at best and buyers order whatever just to get the service done. You could also do other things like twitter campaigns, web ads, Pinterest ads…etc. but that get’s costly. Honestly who has time to try and fight a losing battle. I am literally growing tired of this and I’m going to play hardball. people want to one up me and try and offer 300 words more than me i can offer 200-300 more than them because my stories are quality and I will get multiple orders when a client sees my samples. Happy Fiverr wars,

Josh

Guest cust0mcr3ationz

I am able to be found a few pages down or when people search by rating or video. I’m sick of people who have no rating or very few ratings getting orders because of a better value. Survival of the fittest.

I for one, don’t want to offer more than I already do for a $4 profit. Somtimes less is more. A seller can offer the sun and the moon, but if the quality suffers, its pointless. I rather offer less but excel in quality. If everyone followed this model, it would decrease the value of work. I know it works, but I rather a buyer see the true value in what I offer.

Guest cust0mcr3ationz

well i’m trying to get my sales back up to become a level 2 seller again. Honestly i’m getting tired of getting outranked by people who really haven’t been playing the game as long as we have. Maybe this post isn’t the best idea but sometimes it can work. If I don’t see anything change in a few days i will revert back to my old model that has worked fine.

Guest cust0mcr3ationz

They said I had too many mutual cancels over the course of the 2 month time and some of them were not my fault and some were a mutual agreement between buyer and I. So ya…I lost my level. I just redid my website though and ya let’s just say if and when people find me sometimes it won’t be a fiverr 😉

musiclover said: don't want to offer more than I already do for a $4 profit. Somtimes less is more.

Hi all :-)

as musiclover says, I think it is not a good idea to work for nothing

To introduce myself, I am one of the new sellers (3 months old) that haven't suffered from V2. I had a few orders before, I have a few orders now. But now one can find my gigs in search. On V1 even if I used all my tags, even for my one gig that is really unique on Fiverr (ancient Greek) it was almost never found on the list.

Because I value my life time as most precious (I didn't say my work-I fully respect and admire all the fine professionals on Fiverr, I said my life), I believe that it is OK for me to offer not more than 50 words for $5 for Greek and 100 words for $5 in English. English is not my first language. But, as I am really experienced in a certain area of narration, some buyers that chose me out of so many others native English, USA, Australia, Canada to do their English voice-overs for really excellent projects I am really proud to have co-operated.

Speaking about pride, I am not saying all this here to brag. What I mean is that if we have something to offer on Fiverr that is unique and excellent, I believe we should sell it at a 'decent' price. I don't know about you friends, but to me life-time is the most precious...

I deeply wish you can all get your levels and buyers back and even more!

happyspace

I think it will work out … I see the front page changing from this to that and back again on V2. SO… it seems it is still being tweeked AND there are a lot of folks wanting to get on those front pages. I got on the 2nd row of Fun & Bizarre /Celebrity Impersonators and stayed somehow and was on the bottom row of Fun & Bizarre front page for a bit, but got bumped. I think I’m gonna try to be patient and promo on FB and Fiverr forum and Craigslist and stuff. I’ve been hitting that stuff pretty heavy. I feel grateful that Fiverr gave a noob like me a bit of the spotlight. Here’s to all our success! Cheers 🙂

Archived