I hate it when..(Fill in the blank)

silberma1976

In real life, I really hate it when old people play the ˝old people card˝ to do annoying things just because they think they are okay to do that just because they are old. One day, recently, I came to this dessert shop/cafe to buy some desserts (take away). I was waiting patiently for quite a while since all the staff were busy, and then came this old lady cutting line and one of the staff was serving that old lady first. So I was pissed at both of them. I said to the staff, ˝Hello, I got here first, not her˝. And then I told that lady, ˝You know you just got here, why are you cutting the line?˝. I mean, if she was super old like she is 80 something and barely could walk, I would definitely let her go first. But she still looks strong, sharp and fresh. She looks like in her 60s. I ain´t let any old lady play that ˝old lady card˝. No no no.

So she wasn’t old then just rude! So you hate rude people, not necessarily old people - quite understandable! 🙂

I hate it when… A buyer creates a custom request and then creates a dispute to cancel said request within 10 minutes stating, “I made this request by mistake.” which makes your Order Completed % go down. Now I know that buyers can’t see the Order Completed % but it sucks that a buyers mistake is reflected on me.

Off Topic Summary

was super old like she is 80 s

I have a neighbor who is 86, I think. She still drives, has a part time job and volunteers in just about everything. I’ve never seen anyone that busy in my life.

Oh, yeah, she also has a dog.

The coolest thing, she can argue with a teenager on IPad Vs Samsung. She carries all sorts of electronic gadgets.

@gina_riley2 I don´t doubt the fact you have an 86 year old neighbour who still can do a lot of things. I was just saying some random old age. That´s not my point. My point was, I hate it when old people play that ˝old people card˝. They think I won´t tell them off? When they are wrong, they are wrong, I will tell them that (within reason). I don´t care how older they are than me.

NB: Usually people end up the way they have always been. If they were lovely when they were young, usually they end up as lovely old people.

PS: She sounds like a cool old dog lady. We could probably be good buddies if she was my neighbour.

So she wasn’t old then just rude! So you hate rude people, not necessarily old people - quite understandable! 🙂

Well, she is much older than me. She looks like almost 70. Still fresh though. So yeah, she is just a rude person. No, I don´t hate old people. I know some old people in person and I fancy them coz they are lovely 🙂 @offlinehelpers

When a thread about what you hate goes off in a totally different direction.

• When sellers deliver late without any explanation

• When sellers write, “I would appreciate your honest 5 star review.”

• Humm, what if they don’t deserve a 5 star review because they delivered late without any explanation?
  • I hear about, yet another unsuspecting seller get hit with a chargeback and lose money after all their hard work because the buyer was too much of a ______ to work it out like grown up.

• Sellers bid higher on Buyer’s Request than their gig page.

• If you’re offering $10 to proofread 6000 words on gig page, why would the seller bid $40 to proofread 5000 words? 😠

When the poster of OP says:

˝When a thread about what you hate goes off in a totally different direction˝, when it actually doesn´t. Besides, it´s a conversation, not a book about one topic.

Besides, the title says, ˝I hate it when…(Fill in the blank)˝ and NOT ˝I hate it on 5r when…(fill in the blank)˝.

I hate it when…

A buyer tells me he/she can only afford to pay $5, but wants a job worth $40 to get done in the BEST quality.

A buyer tries to make me feel guilty by saying “it’s for charity/sick children, I can’t pay that much, help me out and work on this image for $5…but I want it to be very colorful and detailed”

A seller comes here asking for help, and when I go check the gig you can tell the person took less than an hour to set up the gig AND the description/images are stolen.

I run out of snacks. I need my munchies while I work on my gigs! Time to go buy more cookies!!

I run out of wine. I’m sure I don’t need to explain this.

I hate it when…

A buyer tells me he/she can only afford to pay $5, but wants a job worth $40 to get done in the BEST quality.

A buyer tries to make me feel guilty by saying “it’s for charity/sick children, I can’t pay that much, help me out and work on this image for $5…but I want it to be very colorful and detailed”

A seller comes here asking for help, and when I go check the gig you can tell the person took less than an hour to set up the gig AND the description/images are stolen.

I run out of snacks. I need my munchies while I work on my gigs! Time to go buy more cookies!!

I run out of wine. I’m sure I don’t need to explain this.

@zeus777 I can relate to the last sentence in your comment 😁

I hate it when…

India loses at cricket.

My party loses an election.

There is a power shutdown, which means I have to take my laptop and go downstairs and work on the dining room table. (There is no power backup in the first floor, which is where I spend 23 out of 24 hours.)

The garbage collector fails to collect the garbage.

When there is a water shortage.

(As for Fiverr, I like everything about Fiverr, nothing to hate - as long as I don’t get a PayPal chargeback)

I hate it when…

India loses at cricket.

My party loses an election.

There is a power shutdown, which means I have to take my laptop and go downstairs and work on the dining room table. (There is no power backup in the first floor, which is where I spend 23 out of 24 hours.)

The garbage collector fails to collect the garbage.

When there is a water shortage.

(As for Fiverr, I like everything about Fiverr, nothing to hate - as long as I don’t get a PayPal chargeback)

@writer99025 I read about a rescued snake who gets thirsty gets water from people in Bangalore. It restores my faith in humanity. I am scared of snakes though.

I hate it when I start learning digital marketing and the next day my mind wants to write a fiction!

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░▄▀▀▀░░░░░░░▀▄░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░▄▀░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▄░░░░░░
░░░░░░▄▀░░░░░░░░░░▄▀▀▄▀▄░░░░░
░░░░▄▀░░░░░░░░░░▄▀░░██▄▀▄░░░░
░░░▄▀░░▄▀▀▀▄░░░░█░░░▀▀░█▀▄░░░
░░░█░░█▄▄░░░█░░░▀▄░░░░░▐░█░░░
░░▐▌░░█▀▀░░▄▀░░░░░▀▄▄▄▄▀░░█░░
░░▐▌░░█░░░▄▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█░░
░░▐▌░░░▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐▌░
░░▐▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄░░░░░░▐▌░
░░▐▌░░░░░░░░░▄░░░░░█░░░░░░▐▌░
░░░█░░░░░░░░░▀█▄░░▄█░░░░░░▐▌░
░░░▐▌░░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░▐▌░
░░░░█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█░░
░░░░▐▌▀▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐▌░░
░░░░░█░░▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

On Fiverr and in freelancing in general.

Well, this: buyer orders a $10 gig. Needs something I’ll have to do from scratch. No problem here. I’ll happily tinker with it and it’ll add to what I can quickly offer in the future. Except… “From scratch” is not $10. And I SO hate writing quotes. And I hate that I hate it.

Otherwise

Spatially oblivious people arrogantly or stupidly standing/being in the way really grind my gears.

Archived