New seller? Read this and take BUYER requests seriously

ysaeed

Hi folks!

I just started off on Fiverr on 17th March and since then have happily made 3 sales. But how did that process come through? Whether you are new or experienced, NEVER ignore buyer requests. Here is how to gain traction as a new seller:

1. Your OWN professional profile photo.
  2. Your OWN videos in ALL of your gigs.
  3. Describing how you are DIFFERENT from others in your gigs.
  4. Checking out buyer requests and sending gigs to them EVERY day. I check them every single day and it is through this that I have been able to generate 3 sales.
  5. In buyer requests, address the buyer’s concerns. For example, be courteous and be detailed enough in order to answer the requirements of buyer. Don’t simply state “Hey, check out my gig. I will do it just for $5” Buyer are NOT interested in your gigs, neither in you forcing them to buy you for $5. They are interested in HOW YOU can help them in solving their problems and issues.
  6. Be diverse BUT in the same field. Just because one graphic designing gig is working for OTHERS does NOT mean that it may work out for YOU too. If you are a designer, FOCUS on only creating the BEST gigs on designing. If you are a writer, diversify your gigs in copywriting, article writing, ebook writing, eventually covering almost all facets of writing, but NOT whiteboard animation or designing. Do NOT make a gig of something that YOU CANNOT do.
  7. Be QUICK when it comes to being responsive.
  8. While majority of the clients ARE price sensitive and may even move from YOU to others JUST for a difference of $5, justify your position and let some clients go away from you. It is GOOD for you because this way you are eventually weeding out nonserious buyers who ARE NOT interested in getting the quality work from you.
  9. Upsell. Engage in a conversation with the buyer and upsell them other services that you CAN also do and what YOUR client ALSO wants. What a great match, isn’t it?
  10. Always over deliver. If a client asked for a 500 word article, give them a high quality 550 to 600 word article. Yes, it means some extra time and effort, but you are EVENTUALLY winning the buyer in LONG term!

And… be honest to yourself and to the buyer. If you ARE NOT honest, but have the BEST skills on this planet, you EVENTUALLY will FAIL! BUT, if you are honest and have average skills, don’t worry. Your honesty will work out for you!

As a fellow Fiverr user, I must say — these are some fine tips for each and every member who is seeking to build a steady platform on the website. Personally, I would exert my greatest efforts into number 2 (extremely important),5, 7, and 9. However, all tips are equally as important!

Thank you, author, for such a wonderful post.

As a fellow Fiverr user, I must say — these are some fine tips for each and every member who is seeking to build a steady platform on the website. Personally, I would exert my greatest efforts into number 2 (extremely important),5, 7, and 9. However, all tips are equally as important!

Thank you, author, for such a wonderful post.

I really appreciate that! Thanks for the thumbs up!

OK, I’m very confused by the “Buyers Requests” Is this something that I’m doing? Because I’m a seller but I have a section that’s called “My buyer’s requests” and I’m like huh? But I’m not a buyer, why is this here? Do I have an acct that is both? I don’t really know if I’ve made some sort of mistake. If you clearly understand my question please answer.

1546203330_BuyersRequests.thumb.png.64f21ae58c60cd45d314435ffe9d4c49.png

There were way more, but I deleted them, as many of them weren’t written very well. Can someone please help me to understand why I’m seeing this? Thank you
-Layla Rose @The Goth Writer

I assume that your buyer’s requests are requests you are making to potential buyers.

OK, I’m very confused by the “Buyers Requests” Is this something that I’m doing? Because I’m a seller but I have a section that’s called “My buyer’s requests” and I’m like huh? But I’m not a buyer, why is this here? Do I have an acct that is both? I don’t really know if I’ve made some sort of mistake. If you clearly understand my question please answer.

There were way more, but I deleted them, as many of them weren’t written very well. Can someone please help me to understand why I’m seeing this? Thank you

I assume that your buyer’s requests are requests you are making to potential buyers.

Nope. The buyers request section is one where buyers make a request and it is for sellers like you and me to send them proposals. I’m sorry for being straightforward but this entire thread is on buyer requests and despite reading that you still didn’t know what it is all about. I have seen your services in buyers requests but no seller is going through buyer requests proposals to buy from you.

Nope. The buyers request section is one where buyers make a request and it is for sellers like you and me to send them proposals. I’m sorry for being straightforward but this entire thread is on buyer requests and despite reading that you still didn’t know what it is all about. I have seen your services in buyers requests but no seller is going through buyer requests proposals to buy from you.

I think I’ve figured it out. I thought I was loopy there for a minute. I think there’s a bug in my display, whenever I try to follow any of the advice for sellers to offer services, those options are not on my pages, I can’t get them to work at all. I can’t even see them the way that the instructions say. I’ve contacted support b/c I’m unable to make a request as a seller to a buyer at all. That option doesn’t exist for me. The only options I see are to offer jobs to sellers. There’s something wrong here.

I’m a seller but I have a section that’s called “My buyer’s requests” and I’m like huh

It’s a stupid name and you’re not the first to be confused about it. I haven’t seen a freelance site where it’s called like this. Usually it’s named “Looking for sellers” or “Looking for freelancers”.

I’ve provided feedback to Fiverr about this before, but apparently everyone speaks perfect English so sellers shouldn’t have any trouble understanding it.

There are spammers and there are sellers who don’t understand what it is. Throw this into translator and I can see where the confusion comes from.

I’m a seller but I have a section that’s called “My buyer’s requests” and I’m like huh

It’s a stupid name and you’re not the first to be confused about it. I haven’t seen a freelance site where it’s called like this. Usually it’s named “Looking for sellers” or “Looking for freelancers”.

I’ve provided feedback to Fiverr about this before, but apparently everyone speaks perfect English so sellers shouldn’t have any trouble understanding it.

There are spammers and there are sellers who don’t understand what it is. Throw this into translator and I can see where the confusion comes from.

Very well said, uxreview!

You had me laughing at your comment! 😀

I agree with you, I really think 5r needs to come up with a better name. I do recall someone stating that “Buyer’s Request” may translate to “Request Buyer” in some languages!

Archived