English please~!

Guest gamersuscentral

Guest gamersuscentral

I dont know about you guys, but there are some people on here who cannot spell correctly, cannot talk correctly and certainly have a huge issue with talking to their sellers. Communication is very very important when making a sale. If you cannot speak the proper language that fiverr has inputted on this website which I believe is English, then please study it! I have had several customers, who I just do not understand what they want,and poor them… they cannot speak or type it out correctly, simply because they do not understand or know how to speak or type the language. Some one should create a gig for translations, because this is getting out of hand . Id say about 40% of my customers do not understand english. And yes I understand there are people from all over the world here, but still. Come on guys and girls.

I havent had any bad experiences, but some of them are just a pain in the @$$!

Sometimes I feel like I want to help a seller re-write their gig description so that they get a sale. But then I realize that doing so might make other buyers think the the seller really IS fluent in English, so a buyer may place a big order and be disappoined in later communications.

Yes, translators and “copy re-write” gigs might help, but if they cost as much as the original gig . . .

Tough call.

But all the purchases I’ve made from sellers in non-english places have been fine.

I agree.

Every buyer I had have issues with on fiverr, or got negative feedback from, was from foreigners who did not know English well, or were outside the country.

They are very hard to understand, and I think may read the gigs wrong, thinking that we offer so much more than whats really for sale.

I just posted a discussion about how fiverr should enable sellers to limit their gigs to certain areas, sort of like selling on ebay…

As long as someone is trying to communicate through a language that is foreign for them, I have respect that they’re trying to do so, and with time, they’ll improve.

Some might be younger and are still learning the language, so you have to understand them.

Guest mrspanda

Communication is a key point of being a salesmen-

And you’re not always going to get someone that ‘communicates’ the same language or even the same way as you do. My husband speaks perfect English but can’t text to save his life. Or write a darn e-mail.

But, in sales, you have to adapt to that. It only makes you stronger and better. 🙂

Archived