Fiverr please assist your Loyal Professional Sellers by showing us to the New Buyers

jamat222

Really? How? Should I spam people like some desperate sellers do? Should I create a landing page and run Facebook ads?

That’s up to you. If I remember, there was a time before Fiverr where people made a living selling VO and copy writing, and they found ways to market.

From what I can tell, there seems to be a large market outside of Fiverr still looking for services, and people are marketing to them too. There are other freelance platforms, other options too.

I don’t know what you should do. I use some Twitter, I use some FB marketing. You do whatever you wish (or nothing).

I don’t market on this forum directly, but I know over time if you help enough people, a few will bookmark you and check out what you do. Some may order from you but it’s a long game.

I’ve been on forums before they were called forums, they were “bulletin boards” back in the day, starting with AOL. I can tell you all the dumb things to do on them since I’ve done them (and learned what not to do).

I never expect anything, but I’ve been in business long enough to know that works to some degree, depending on who you help, how helpful you are, and if you become known for solid advice AND you have continued success.

Again: I can complain on this forum all I want, but I doubt management is paying ANY attention to me. (Why should they?)

Things change. Success is NOT guaranteed.

You decide if you want to find marketing solutions. Or not. Totally your choice.

Again: Not my system, I just find ways to make it work, and when they change the system (guaranteed they will) I’ll do my best to adjust to that new reality, or find another platform.

One of the reasons Fiverr is so popular is because you don’t have to market yourself, you don’t even have to bid or write offer messages.

If Fiverr forces sellers to market themselves, they’re going to lose popularity. What’s the point of becoming level 2 or TRS if they hide your gig from the search results? If someone with barely any experience gets top placement? This doesn’t help the buyers and it certainly doesn’t help the sellers.

Besides, if a buyer is cheap and can only spend $5, he doesn’t need the top row. All he has to do is click “level 1” and I guarantee you most of those gigs will be for $5. I know because the other day, I paid $5 for a whiteboard video, and $5 for a VO. The seller is new, hungry, and did a terrific job.

I don’t mind losing orders for that reason, but I do mind losing them because the algorithm penalizes you for BS.

I also think weird things happen all the time. For example, you make 10 sales in one day, then you make 1 sale the next day. How is that possible? Could it be you have to deliver early to get more sales? I don’t know.

Yesterday I refunded two orders, now my sales are flat. Why? Honestly, I wish Fiverr would explain how their system works, I’m not asking for keywords, just what’s their method. How are they rewarding/punishing people and why?

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fiverr does promote newbies over mid-level and high-tier sellers as everyone deserves a chance at first (regardless of actual ability and/or talent). I think the algorithm largely assumes that once you’ve had enough time, experience and orders, you should have a collection of returning regulars.

Like @fastcopywriter, I don’t bother to check my position in the gig. That’s time wasted that I could be using to have fun with people who think I’m having a mental breakdown when I’m really just pointing out realities.

Did you know one of the first things that happens when people have a mental breakdown is that they disassociate from reality? I think that’s really interesting in light of some of the avoidance going on in this post.

At the end of the day, if a fairly established seller is not getting anyone biting on their gig for 3 weeks, there is a problem with their gig, which means they need to do some work on the gig–or come to the forum and make a very self-serving site suggestion.

No points for guessing which method is likely to be more effective, if rude.

I think some gigs don’t attract regulars. If I need a logo for a new business, I’m not going to need another logo for a very long time.

The algorithm is messed up. If your most popular gig hasn’t gotten sales in 3 weeks, that’s a huge problem. My most popular gig gets sales everyday, sometimes 1, sometimes 5.

Even my most expensive gig gets a sale every two weeks or so. That’s because I charge $20 instead of $10, and don’t have packages. TV is such a pain in the butt, that I don’t want to write a script unless I’m getting $20.

I think some gigs don’t attract regulars. If I need a logo for a new business, I’m not going to need another logo for a very long time.

The algorithm is messed up. If your most popular gig hasn’t gotten sales in 3 weeks, that’s a huge problem. My most popular gig gets sales everyday, sometimes 1, sometimes 5.

Even my most expensive gig gets a sale every two weeks or so. That’s because I charge $20 instead of $10, and don’t have packages. TV is such a pain in the butt, that I don’t want to write a script unless I’m getting $20.

EXACTLY! 👍

It seems people refer to “Regulars” here as those who are OTHER Fiverr sellers, and you have nice deal with them where they use YOUR service as part of THEIR service.

Hence you are getting a bucket load of orders.

It is NOT organic, and I think that should be pointed out when mentioning one’s success.

EXACTLY! 👍

It seems people refer to “Regulars” here as those who are OTHER Fiverr sellers, and you have nice deal with them where they use YOUR service as part of THEIR service.

It is NOT organic, and I think that should be pointed out when mentioning one’s success.

That’s interesting, but can you provide any specific examples of any sellers doing that? I guess in my category, I can’t imagine it. For example, I get paid to write a radio commercial, I don’t get for recording voice overs, editing audio/music, distributing it to the radio stations, etc. I see no need to partner with others because if my client rejects my work, all those partnerships would be ruined.

The only thing I do is refer clients on occasion, or I get referrals from them. But teamwork doesn’t work on Fiverr, if anyone cares to provide evidence to the contrary, I welcome it. Personally, it’s hard enough to deal with one client to welcome more people into the mix.

Guest offlinehelpers

EXACTLY! 👍

That’s a good point DJ - in my case, once a plumber’s got videos from me, he/she doesn’t need to come back to buy the same thing again. I do have some buyers who I know resell my services off Fiverr, and that’s grand because it does mean repeat business, but it’s definitely the minority of my orders.

That’s interesting, but can you provide any specific examples of any sellers doing that? I guess in my category, I can’t imagine it. For example, I get paid to write a radio commercial, I don’t get for recording voice overs, editing audio/music, distributing it to the radio stations, etc. I see no need to partner with others because if my client rejects my work, all those partnerships would be ruined.

The only thing I do is refer clients on occasion, or I get referrals from them. But teamwork doesn’t work on Fiverr, if anyone cares to provide evidence to the contrary, I welcome it. Personally, it’s hard enough to deal with one client to welcome more people into the mix.

Yes, amongst others, for e.g

Article writers, might have affiliate marketeers ordering a bazillion gazzillion articles monthly, so it keeps you afloat even though your gig is nowhere on the front page.

Another such partnership would be the holy matrimony of VO artists and Whiteboard animators.

That’s a good point DJ - in my case, once a plumber’s got videos from me, he/she doesn’t need to come back to buy the same thing again. I do have some buyers who I know resell my services off Fiverr, and that’s grand because it does mean repeat business, but it’s definitely the minority of my orders.

Yes, most services being sold here are 1-time services, be it order a logo, get a website created, get a video made, have someone do a psych read on you. A non-selling client would only come back so many times, unless they are re-sellers here or at another platform.

Few services have the added luxury of being either re-sellable or be part of a another service.

Honestly, I wish I could do both whiteboard animation and VO, I would be set for life then.

Probably become an ambassador too since I’ll be a 3️⃣ple threat:

💡 I can build websites, make whiteboard videos for them using my own VO. Brilliant!

Yes, amongst others, for e.g

Article writers, might have affiliate marketeers ordering a bazillion gazzillion articles monthly, so it keeps you afloat even though your gig is nowhere on the front page.

Another such partnership would be the holy matrimony of VO artists and Whiteboard animators.

Those are good points. Of course, for an article writers (let’s not call them copywriters) to keep getting orders, they have to be good. If your articles are crap, people won’t keep ordering.

Ironically, I know a copywriter who became an article writer in the fields of food and being a mom, she’s making a killing on Fiverr. She’s getting orders like crazy.

Yes, most services being sold here are 1-time services, be it order a logo, get a website created, get a video made, have someone do a psych read on you. A non-selling client would only come back so many times, unless they are re-sellers here or at another platform.

Few services have the added luxury of being either re-sellable or be part of a another service.

Honestly, I wish I could do both whiteboard animation and VO, I would be set for life then.

Probably become an ambassador too since I’ll be a 3️⃣ple threat:

💡 I can build websites, make whiteboard videos for them using my own VO. Brilliant!

I wish I could do both whiteboard animation and VO, I would be set for life then.

If wishes were horses…

Those are good points. Of course, for an article writers (let’s not call them copywriters) to keep getting orders, they have to be good. If your articles are crap, people won’t keep ordering.

Ironically, I know a copywriter who became an article writer in the fields of food and being a mom, she’s making a killing on Fiverr. She’s getting orders like crazy.

Edited to article writer, I should honestly write “Writers” but our dear friend writer might think I am talking about him specifically, which of course I am NOT.

It’s all about having the write niche with the right target audience in a properly designed platform.

I can probably do whiteboard animations, there are tons of software that automates those.

I can also do Voice Over, since I was raised in Texas (My southern twang does come out when I get serious!).

But while I was Deejaying, I would seldom do the SHOUT OUTS since, I don’t think my voice comes out as very charming when it gets converted from analog to digital…

So you are right, of course, you have to be good.

Edited to article writer, I should honestly write “Writers” but our dear friend writer might think I am talking about him specifically, which of course I am NOT.

It’s all about having the write niche with the right target audience in a properly designed platform.

I can probably do whiteboard animations, there are tons of software that automates those.

I can also do Voice Over, since I was raised in Texas (My southern twang does come out when I get serious!).

But while I was Deejaying, I would seldom do the SHOUT OUTS since, I don’t think my voice comes out as very charming when it gets converted from analog to digital…

So you are right, of course, you have to be good.

You should definitely do VO, your keywords could be texas vo, texas accent, southern twang, southern accent, and you might have a search monopoly.

For example, the word Texas only offers 32 results. When I search “texan,” I get "

We didn’t find any results for your search.

Same for southern vo and texas vo. Of course, if I search “southern” I do find a lot more results. However, on the top row there was a southern vo guy with 75 reviews, so there’s money to be made with niches.

Whiteboard animation is harder than people think. The free softwares are garbage, the good stuff comes with a subscription. You also have to know what you’re doing. Besides, the free software puts an ugly logo on your whiteboard video, your clients won’t be happy with that.

A talented whiteboard animator can draw me a gun that shoots a word on a blackboard. He can also incorporate the bang sound. However, if you want to do this, you can probably download a software and start experimenting. Just make sure you know what you’re doing before you start selling on Fiverr.

You should definitely do VO, your keywords could be texas vo, texas accent, southern twang, southern accent, and you might have a search monopoly.

For example, the word Texas only offers 32 results. When I search “texan,” I get "

We didn’t find any results for your search.

Same for southern vo and texas vo. Of course, if I search “southern” I do find a lot more results. However, on the top row there was a southern vo guy with 75 reviews, so there’s money to be made with niches.

Whiteboard animation is harder than people think. The free softwares are garbage, the good stuff comes with a subscription. You also have to know what you’re doing. Besides, the free software puts an ugly logo on your whiteboard video, your clients won’t be happy with that.

A talented whiteboard animator can draw me a gun that shoots a word on a blackboard. He can also incorporate the bang sound. However, if you want to do this, you can probably download a software and start experimenting. Just make sure you know what you’re doing before you start selling on Fiverr.

LOL!

Thanks for the words of encouragement, but as some people are 📹 shy…

But hey do you honestly think, the Whiteboard animator sellers here on Fiverr are paying for those softwares if you see the generalized locality of them?

Here in Bangladesh, you get pirated software at dime a dozen. (The Ugly truth)

And in other parts of the world there’s always torrent.

But yeah, I will stick to my guns of the trade and continue to chug along with whatever velocity.

LOL!

Thanks for the words of encouragement, but as some people are 📹 shy…

But hey do you honestly think, the Whiteboard animator sellers here on Fiverr are paying for those softwares if you see the generalized locality of them?

Here in Bangladesh, you get pirated software at dime a dozen. (The Ugly truth)

And in other parts of the world there’s always torrent.

But yeah, I will stick to my guns of the trade and continue to chug along with whatever velocity.

It’s hard to say, I’m not from Asia so I’m not familiar with pirate software. I do know the good whiteboard software, with a huge variety of music, animations, characters, etc., isn’t cheap.

I also know that buying software doesn’t mean you can use it. I took Photoshop and Illustrator classes in college, I’m useless with them. The only thing I can do in Photoshop is making a picture black and white, crop, etc. But I can’t draw, even the magnetic lasso tool is a struggle for me. I don’t know if those who do whiteboard videos ever go on illustrator or photoshop for specific things, but it seems to me whiteboard requires a lot of different skills.

P.S. How come you have a Texan accent if you live in Bangladesh? Are you an American expat or a Bangladeshi that was born in Texas?

It’s hard to say, I’m not from Asia so I’m not familiar with pirate software. I do know the good whiteboard software, with a huge variety of music, animations, characters, etc., isn’t cheap.

I also know that buying software doesn’t mean you can use it. I took Photoshop and Illustrator classes in college, I’m useless with them. The only thing I can do in Photoshop is making a picture black and white, crop, etc. But I can’t draw, even the magnetic lasso tool is a struggle for me. I don’t know if those who do whiteboard videos ever go on illustrator or photoshop for specific things, but it seems to me whiteboard requires a lot of different skills.

P.S. How come you have a Texan accent if you live in Bangladesh? Are you an American expat or a Bangladeshi that was born in Texas?

Recently came to Bangladesh due to personal family issues.

I see what you mean. Glad you’re making money on Fiverr, I’m sure the dollar is a very strong currency over there.

The Dollar is a somewhat strong currency, but prices of everything else is ⬆️ up, so there’s really not much difference here, hence not much savings.

Lisabarns my apologies to you and dianehemeyvo, I responded not realizing that you were speaking to each other. I really thought dianehemeyvo was speaking to me. Great if dianehemeyvo aspires to achieve what you have.

I’m so sorry jamat222. I should have said ‘Lisa’ in my post just to clarify. I didn’t intend to add to any frustration that you’re experiencing.

You know what I mean.

Of course I do.

But it has nothing to do with who is bigger here: there are people who genuinely suffer from mental illness and breakdowns, and I don’t think it’s right for people like Jamzo to compare me telling her the truth on two separate occasions to having such a breakdown.

So, no apology, no letup. It’s quite simple, really.

Of course I do.

But it has nothing to do with who is bigger here: there are people who genuinely suffer from mental illness and breakdowns, and I don’t think it’s right for people like Jamzo to compare me telling her the truth on two separate occasions to having such a breakdown.

So, no apology, no letup. It’s quite simple, really.

You know what, this clearly isn’t a matter I should interfere with so I’m just gonna let you have your fun. 🙂

Archived