Fiverr please assist your Loyal Professional Sellers by showing us to the New Buyers

jamat222

Did you see emmaki’s first Ranting Reply which has been removed? It was her first rude reply to me that was very discouraging.

It was an image. I told you “want doesn’t get”, followed by a since-deleted image that said something to the effect of “stop sitting down and start doing something”.

Anyone can see this by looking at the mod edit of my post. Are you sure that this really qualifies as a “ranting reply” from someone who may be having a “mental breakdown”?

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did you see emmaki’s first Ranting Reply which has been removed? It was her first rude reply to me that was very discouraging.

I did see it. I am Miss Sensitive and if she said that to me I would laugh and get the point she was making, which is what I said about getting to work at promoting my gigs.

I did see it. I am Miss Sensitive and if she said that to me I would laugh and get the point she was making, which is what I said about getting to work at promoting my gigs.

Implications of my not promoting my gig is not true. Do I need to promote my gig more, yes I do. Thanks for your response.

Professionals like myself have been on Fiverr for a number of years, however our Profiles are out of sight and this does not allow New Buyers to see us.

You implied it in your OP:

Professionals like myself have been on Fiverr for a number of years, however our Profiles are out of sight and this does not allow New Buyers to see us.

Emphasis mine. You mention nothing of promoting your gig, and as I have noted, you are in Fiverr Site Suggestions saying that you think “loyal professional sellers” should be assisted by “showing us to the new buyers”. That is asking Fiverr to promote you over others–rather than taking matters into your own hand. This was all the point of my first post that want doesn’t get.

There is so much more to this than just having talent.

So true, and in every category there are new, talented people joining every day. I’ve been in the top 5 female VO artists for the last 6 months (by “Ave Customer Review”).

That means little for next month unless I keep delivering, doing some of my own marketing, and finding ways to deliver more value to my current clients.

Last month is over. How do we get better for next month is one of the questions we all face over time, and something I think about regularly.

I really, really appreciate your post even more after checking out your gig. You’re what I eventually aspire to be in my career. I know it’s a long road and I’ll have to pay my dues. The fact that you acknowledge that you haven’t gotten comfortable with the achievements you already have shows me why you’re successful. Hard work. It works!

I really, really appreciate your post even more after checking out your gig. You’re what I eventually aspire to be in my career. I know it’s a long road and I’ll have to pay my dues. The fact that you acknowledge that you haven’t gotten comfortable with the achievements you already have shows me why you’re successful. Hard work. It works!

Thank you so much, it has been very hard work for my career, as you can see I have a BSc Degree, a Certificate in Management Studies, I am also a Certified Professional Secretary and I am presently a Senior Administrative Professional. I am just on Fiverr part-time. A positive note to you my dear, you can do it too.

Kindest Regards

That was a post to Lisa, @jamat222.

If you are having a mental breakdown please do not throw it at me. I have avoided your rude comments because I realize that you do not know any better other than to be rude. If you do not know how to be a positive person please do not respond to my conversation.

If you are having a mental breakdown please do not throw it at me. I have avoided your rude comments because I realize that you do not know any better other than to be rude. If you do not know how to be a positive person please do not respond to my conversation.

You already said that in post 20 of this conversation and you have my reply in post 21.

You just gave everyone your qualifications in response to a post directed at Lisa, though. Are you sure it’s me who is being rude here?

fiverr-logo-new-green-9e65bddddfd33dfcf7e06fc1e51a5bc5.png.c627488720fe4d83f39391057fab14de.png

PS this is bad marketing and/or promotion

I know it’s a long road and I’ll have to pay my dues. The fact that you acknowledge that you haven’t gotten comfortable with the achievements you already have shows me why you’re successful.

Thanks, I’ve learned the hard way over a few decades in business before Fiverr. I also have 5 kids, so they teach me plenty about working both hard, and smart.

We all know people who are great at doing something, but that’s not enough most of the time. Marketing matters. Reputation matters, Results matter.

I learn from the others high in my category, AND check out others who have successful gigs to see if mine can be tweaked/refined. (It can, I have upgrades in mind, but not yet implemented…)

I also stay plugged into professionals outside of Fiverr who are in my category, to see what the best are doing, looking for little techniques to always improve my quality and add value for my clients.

I see competition on Fiverr growing over time. Being good today is nice, being competitive tomorrow and beyond is up to us.

We also have to work smart around here. New people have just as much right to succeed as us, and if we don’t up our game regularly, they may earn the right to pass us. Best to them, hats off if they can/do.

I steal great ideas from so many. There is little new, it’s primarily standing on the shoulders of strong people before us…

Keep pushing and growing, and finding ways to be better at your craft AND improve your marketing too. Both are needed to remain successful over time.

I know it’s a long road and I’ll have to pay my dues. The fact that you acknowledge that you haven’t gotten comfortable with the achievements you already have shows me why you’re successful.

Thanks, I’ve learned the hard way over a few decades in business before Fiverr. I also have 5 kids, so they teach me plenty about working both hard, and smart.

We all know people who are great at doing something, but that’s not enough most of the time. Marketing matters. Reputation matters, Results matter.

I learn from the others high in my category, AND check out others who have successful gigs to see if mine can be tweaked/refined. (It can, I have upgrades in mind, but not yet implemented…)

I also stay plugged into professionals outside of Fiverr who are in my category, to see what the best are doing, looking for little techniques to always improve my quality and add value for my clients.

I see competition on Fiverr growing over time. Being good today is nice, being competitive tomorrow and beyond is up to us.

We also have to work smart around here. New people have just as much right to succeed as us, and if we don’t up our game regularly, they may earn the right to pass us. Best to them, hats off if they can/do.

I steal great ideas from so many. There is little new, it’s primarily standing on the shoulders of strong people before us…

Keep pushing and growing, and finding ways to be better at your craft AND improve your marketing too. Both are needed to remain successful over time.

Please focus on this statement. It’s saying “get up off yo’ ass”.

Professionals like myself

One of the tags on your main gig says “profesional”. A minor typo, but it might put off people who look for accuracy in transcripts.

You could try tweaking your gigs, changing descriptions and tags, making them more attractive, and offer a bit more for $5 (if someone with 900+ reviews offers 10 minutes for $5, and so do you, the 900+ guy will be more appealing to the buyers).

Lisabarns my apologies to you and dianehemeyvo, I responded not realizing that you were speaking to each other. I really thought dianehemeyvo was speaking to me. Great if dianehemeyvo aspires to achieve what you have.

Lisabarns my apologies to you and dianehemeyvo, I responded not realizing that you were speaking to each other. I really thought dianehemeyvo was speaking to me. Great if dianehemeyvo aspires to achieve what you have.

Still waitin’ on that apology girl. You accused me twice of having a mental breakdown–yet here you are apologizing to Lisa and Diane for one of the very things I pointed out last night.

Also, it’s really rude to ignore people who are trying to help you like @catwriter. Just sayin’.

Sorry, an open marketplace doesn’t work like that.

We have to find ways to promote ourselves if Fiverr isn’t providing enough views.

I just looked at my stats for last month. My impressions, clicks and views are down from last month, and I am having my best month ever. My orders are up, the average price on each one is up.

Why is that? My repeat clients continue to order, because they are getting great value. Fiverr is showing me less (probably more competition in my VO category) but I’m marketing outside of Fiverr AND making sure my current clients are happy.

How long I’ve been around isn’t the deciding factor and Fiverr doesn’t owe me any business, although I’ll take all they send me. (They usually show you more if you’ve had recent activity.)

Your last delivery was 21 days ago… You may have to find some people outside of Fiverr to buy a few gigs from you. There must be someone who needs your services… A wide world of marketing open to you (Facebook, Twitter, businesses in your area… and a hundred more…)

Sometimes you have to prime the pump yourself. When Fiverr sees you’re bringing customers (even a few), they will show you more…

Not their job to promote you, and unlikely it will improve when there are new people joining in similar categories each month. WE have to do our own marketing/outreach to keep things moving at points.

“We have to find ways to promote ourselves if Fiverr isn’t providing enough views.”

Really? How? Should I spam people like some desperate sellers do? Should I create a landing page and run Facebook ads?

Sorry Lisa, I’m not on Fiverr to promote myself and my gigs. I’m here to get orders. So I agree with emmaki, it’s ridiculous when proven gigs are hidden from search, when you see people with 3 reviews or no reviews on the top row, where searching the same thing twice gives you different results.

A few weeks ago, I had an issue of my main gig not being in the TRS section, I wrote CS and they fixed it for me. However, I have 15 gigs, I don’t have time to search every keyword and make sure every gig is appearing on the search results.

I also think Fiverr’s new policy on cancellations have hurt a lot of sellers. You cancel because the buyer ordered by mistake? You get hurt in the rankings. You cancelled because you don’t want a bad review? Same thing.

Also, the star system is hurting us. Thumbs up/Thumbs down was better.

You implied it in your OP:

Emphasis mine. You mention nothing of promoting your gig, and as I have noted, you are in Fiverr Site Suggestions saying that you think “loyal professional sellers” should be assisted by “showing us to the new buyers”. That is asking Fiverr to promote you over others–rather than taking matters into your own hand. This was all the point of my first post that want doesn’t get.

Haven’t bothered reading the whole thread 😉 But I think what many sellers feel on here is that once you accomplish so many orders, your gig often disappears in the search. When a new buyer comes, I sometimes think they could have a better first experience working with sellers who have proven their ability to do their job rather than a newby who may not be as great with it (yet).

At least a few highly rated gigs should show up when a new buyers searches. Sure, we can do our own promotion. But the Fiverr search engine is the largest driving force of sales on this site.

I don’t think old sellers want more exposure than others, just some exposure to new buyers would be nice 🙂

Haven’t bothered reading the whole thread 😉 But I think what many sellers feel on here is that once you accomplish so many orders, your gig often disappears in the search. When a new buyer comes, I sometimes think they could have a better first experience working with sellers who have proven their ability to do their job rather than a newby who may not be as great with it (yet).

At least a few highly rated gigs should show up when a new buyers searches. Sure, we can do our own promotion. But the Fiverr search engine is the largest driving force of sales on this site.

I don’t think old sellers want more exposure than others, just some exposure to new buyers would be nice 🙂

Fiverr does promote newbies over mid-level and high-tier sellers as everyone deserves a chance at first (regardless of actual ability and/or talent). I think the algorithm largely assumes that once you’ve had enough time, experience and orders, you should have a collection of returning regulars.

Like @fastcopywriter, I don’t bother to check my position in the gig. That’s time wasted that I could be using to have fun with people who think I’m having a mental breakdown when I’m really just pointing out realities.

Did you know one of the first things that happens when people have a mental breakdown is that they disassociate from reality? I think that’s really interesting in light of some of the avoidance going on in this post.

At the end of the day, if a fairly established seller is not getting anyone biting on their gig for 3 weeks, there is a problem with their gig, which means they need to do some work on the gig–or come to the forum and make a very self-serving site suggestion.

No points for guessing which method is likely to be more effective, if rude.

Lisabarns my apologies to you and dianehemeyvo, I responded not realizing that

No stress from me… I wasn’t clear how the responses where marked when I started with this board. All good.

Lisabarns my apologies to you and dianehemeyvo, I responded not realizing that

No stress from me… I wasn’t clear how the responses where marked when I started with this board. All good.

She said I was having a mental breakdown when I pointed that out to her!

And still, no apologies 😢

“We have to find ways to promote ourselves if Fiverr isn’t providing enough views.”

Really? How? Should I spam people like some desperate sellers do? Should I create a landing page and run Facebook ads?

Sorry Lisa, I’m not on Fiverr to promote myself and my gigs. I’m here to get orders. So I agree with emmaki, it’s ridiculous when proven gigs are hidden from search, when you see people with 3 reviews or no reviews on the top row, where searching the same thing twice gives you different results.

A few weeks ago, I had an issue of my main gig not being in the TRS section, I wrote CS and they fixed it for me. However, I have 15 gigs, I don’t have time to search every keyword and make sure every gig is appearing on the search results.

I also think Fiverr’s new policy on cancellations have hurt a lot of sellers. You cancel because the buyer ordered by mistake? You get hurt in the rankings. You cancelled because you don’t want a bad review? Same thing.

I think it’s a wash IF your cancellations are within the norm among your peers.

IF the average in my category has 95% completion but I have 85% because I cancel more, then why shouldn’t they promote that ones with lower cancellations more? (IF everything else is equal).

It’s only an issue if I have a higher cancellation rate than my peers. If I do I many need to adjust something. (My description, FAQ, video, PDF, portfolio, etc.)

Otherwise anybody doing a volume has some buyers who select the wrong thing, don’t buy enough (then cancels), or whatever.

It happens to me, it happens to you, it happens all the time across sellers. The people close to me in my category are going to statistically have similar clients over time.

As for not promoting yourself, no stress from me. You decide if you are happy with the way it works, and your results at this time. If you aren’t, do something different. If you are happy with the current results, keep doing what you’re doing.

I don’t create the system. Our job is to figure out how to make the most of it. If someone is unhappy with the system, they can try to get to the people who influence management and the ranking system (good luck), OR find tweaks in their process, and/or find another platform/vehicle for marketing/selling their services.

Every platform I’ve looked at has some issues I love, some I don’t like.

You decide how you invest your time/effort.

That’s up to you. If I remember, there was a time before Fiverr where people made a living selling VO and copy writing, and they found ways to market.

From what I can tell, there seems to be a large market outside of Fiverr still looking for services, and people are marketing to them too. There are other freelance platforms, other options too.

I don’t know what you should do. I use some Twitter, I use some FB marketing. You do whatever you wish (or nothing).

I don’t market on this forum directly, but I know over time if you help enough people, a few will bookmark you and check out what you do. Some may order from you but it’s a long game.

I’ve been on forums before they were called forums, they were “bulletin boards” back in the day, starting with AOL. I can tell you all the dumb things to do on them since I’ve done them (and learned what not to do).

I never expect anything, but I’ve been in business long enough to know that works to some degree, depending on who you help, how helpful you are, and if you become known for solid advice AND you have continued success.

Again: I can complain on this forum all I want, but I doubt management is paying ANY attention to me. (Why should they?)

Things change. Success is NOT guaranteed.

You decide if you want to find marketing solutions. Or not. Totally your choice.

Again: Not my system, I just find ways to make it work, and when they change the system (guaranteed they will) I’ll do my best to adjust to that new reality, or find another platform.

I think it’s a wash IF your cancellations are within the norm among your peers.

IF the average in my category has 95% completion but I have 85% because I cancel more, then why shouldn’t they promote that ones with lower cancellations more? (IF everything else is equal).

It’s only an issue if I have a higher cancellation rate than my peers. If I do I many need to adjust something. (My description, FAQ, video, PDF, portfolio, etc.)

Otherwise anybody doing a volume has some buyers who select the wrong thing, don’t buy enough (then cancels), or whatever.

It happens to me, it happens to you, it happens all the time across sellers. The people close to me in my category are going to statistically have similar clients over time.

As for not promoting yourself, no stress from me. You decide if you are happy with the way it works, and your results at this time. If you aren’t, do something different. If you are happy with the current results, keep doing what you’re doing.

I don’t create the system. Our job is to figure out how to make the most of it. If someone is unhappy with the system, they can try to get to the people who influence management and the ranking system (good luck), OR find tweaks in their process, and/or find another platform/vehicle for marketing/selling their services.

Every platform I’ve looked at has some issues I love, some I don’t like.

You decide how you invest your time/effort.

“IF the average in my category has 95% completion but I have 85% because I cancel more, then why shouldn’t they promote that ones with lower cancellations more?”

These averages are not a perfect science. You might have more cancellations because you get more orders, or because you get more buyers with unrealistic expectations.

I do everything to create realistic expectations, but I still get problem buyers.

Archived