Shitty internet service

miroslavglavic

Mainly English, but sometimes I like to throw a malaka or gamo tin panagia sou into the mix.

Greece has some lovely swearing, it really does.

I swear in both English and Japanese, it depends on the situation.

But I think English sounds more swearing-ish, I don’t think there is a word that is strong as the f-word in Japanese. I wish we had more colorful swearing words in Japan. I should create some…

Does the other end still work too (during a power outage)? Side note: don’t forget to keep track of your UPS batteries. They wear out.

Yes, the internet company also has a UPS and a generator that kicks in during prolonged power outages. So, my internet hardly ever goes down.

Moreover, yes, the batteries need to be replaced every 3-4 years.

Yes, the internet company also has a UPS and a generator that kicks in during prolonged power outages. So, my internet hardly ever goes down.

Moreover, yes, the batteries need to be replaced every 3-4 years.

My ISP has been removing theirs (backups and generators). And my choice is them, “oops, we went down for a week again,” or “you might be able to pick up a mobile signal if you put your computer in an open area, outside, don’t move around too much, the sun’s out, not many other people are around, and you’re lucky that day.”😒

My ISP has been removing theirs (backups and generators). And my choice is them, “oops, we went down for a week again,” or “you might be able to pick up a mobile signal if you put your computer in an open area, outside, don’t move around too much, the sun’s out, not many other people are around, and you’re lucky that day.”😒

Thankfully, I don’t have to face such situations, I thought that the States had better internet services.

Thankfully, I don’t have to face such situations, I thought that the States had better internet services.

In the U.S. it depends on where you want the service. Some areas only have the option of satellite. Some have none at all.

A place not far from where I am has their own fiber line into the building.

Part of the problem is that the companies here don’t want to maintain the existing infrastructure, and say it’s too expensive to build new.

• 2 years later...

Sellers, how do you handle uploading video gigs or anything with uploading something when your country has shitty internet service?

I live in a big metropolitan area in Canada, ultra fast internet.

I was in Europe, traveling across, uploading a video onto youtube.

I went to London and travelled by train, bus and ferry.

Tirana, Priština, Skopje, Bitola and Thessaloniki were the slowest and 3 of 4 of these cities just mentioned are the capitals of their respective countries.

It took me 6 hours to upload a 10 minutes video.

So to sellers that have to upload videos, graphics, audio and so forth for gigs, how do you do it with crappy internet service?

Tirana, Priština, Skopje, Bitola and Thessaloniki were the slowest and 3 of 4 of these cities just mentioned are the capitals of their respective countries.

Hey you’ve been to my home city and the city where I currently leave 🙂 The problem is, at least in Macedonia, that the cheapest internet options are a disaster, but enough for the majority of people. I am using one of them, I work with audio files, and it takes time. Its enough for me, but if you upload videos in this part of the world, just make sure your host has optical fiber Internet or possesses one of the better options.

Archived