Shitty internet service

miroslavglavic

Sellers, how do you handle uploading video gigs or anything with uploading something when your country has shitty internet service?

I live in a big metropolitan area in Canada, ultra fast internet.

I was in Europe, traveling across, uploading a video onto youtube.

I went to London and travelled by train, bus and ferry.

Tirana, Priština, Skopje, Bitola and Thessaloniki were the slowest and 3 of 4 of these cities just mentioned are the capitals of their respective countries.

It took me 6 hours to upload a 10 minutes video.

So to sellers that have to upload videos, graphics, audio and so forth for gigs, how do you do it with crappy internet service?

Swearing in what language? During the trip above, specially in those cities, I was the United Nations of swearing. 😁

Mainly English, but sometimes I like to throw a malaka or gamo tin panagia sou into the mix.

Greece has some lovely swearing, it really does.

I live in a rural area with expensive 3G internet only. I pick gigs that don’t need videos, and if someone wants to send me a 30MB data file, I refuse the order.

In the UK I used to get unlimited 3g for $30 a month. It;s the only thing I miss about the place apart from the mountains in the Scottish Highlands. Everywhere else in the world 3g is crazy expensive.

I have a unlimited broadband service at home, also know my uncle’s password who are our neighbours and have got my own 4g device as well which has 50GB/month for $30. 🤓

Oh, how I wish I could get data that cheap! Well, data prices are steadily dropping over here. We’d get there soon, I hope.

As far as 💩, it does get shitty, alright? When it does, I watch a movie, play a game, or shut my laptop - it’s easier than destroying it.

I started using internet @128kbps 8 years ago. Currently I’m using 10mbps in same area. Everything is developing on their own way, internet is one of those.
People from different corner of Earth has the same fate but I think none of them stopped their business and they won’t!

Archived