Using the Live Portfolio to generate sales (even as a non-visual gig) :play_pause: VIDEO TUTORIAL

twistedweb123

Wow! I’ve actually used something like this for my deliveries. I created 10 graphics each with a different color and added a “Thank-you” note along with my portfolio link!

Everytime I deliver an order I just use one of the created graphics. Your idea is simply genius though.

You made me think.

💡 Joe

Hey Joe!

Great to see other visual interpretations of this feature. If you wanted to go a step further, you could even add to your gigs SEO by naming the files as related keywords to be picked up by Google.

Hey Joe!

Great to see other visual interpretations of this feature. If you wanted to go a step further, you could even add to your gigs SEO by naming the files as related keywords to be picked up by Google.

That’s a great idea.

Currently my images are saved as 1.png or something like that.

Thanks so much.

💡 Joe

• 4 months later...

This will probably show up as a reply to @twistedweb123 but it’s really for anyone reading. I thought an update might be useful for people who still plan to use this advice at present time. My own gigs were used as an example once since my LP was not being used well and the images shown weren’t harmful but weren’t attractive either.

After I read this tip, I started to send delivery images for my Live Portfolio and I was excited about how they looked. They were just “Thank you” type images with some info that I hoped might bring more buyer interest to my gigs.

Recently I noticed that even Fiverr had a new message encouraging users to deliver an image for the LP. I had slacked on mine so I had a new one made and started to deliver them consistently. Not one of them appeared in my gig gallery, so I asked the buyers about it and they said they had liked the images. i wrote to Support to see if my LP was broken. I found out that my LP has been disabled although my images never contained anything confidential - they were all simple ones with a colored background, art, and “your gig was delivered” and “thank you” messages.

Here is the message I received from CS:

“Your Live Portfolio is an important feature, which allows buyers to see the work you’ve done on Fiverr. Buyers love seeing examples before ordering, so we strongly recommend having an active Live Portfolio for all your gigs. However, please know that this is not always the case for all Gigs as some no longer feature a Live Portfolio due to out Privacy Policy reflecting the deliveries. In this case your Live Portfolio is no longer active at this time, we apologize for any inconvenience.”

So, just FYI, even if you deliver an image, it may not show. Apparently some users are not permitted to use the feature and there is no notice or error message. I wanted to let others know so that you check before you spend time or money having a delivery message designed. I have written back to CS to ask if there is any chance of a change, so I’ll update if I remember. 😦

This will probably show up as a reply to @twistedweb123 but it’s really for anyone reading. I thought an update might be useful for people who still plan to use this advice at present time. My own gigs were used as an example once since my LP was not being used well and the images shown weren’t harmful but weren’t attractive either.

After I read this tip, I started to send delivery images for my Live Portfolio and I was excited about how they looked. They were just “Thank you” type images with some info that I hoped might bring more buyer interest to my gigs.

Recently I noticed that even Fiverr had a new message encouraging users to deliver an image for the LP. I had slacked on mine so I had a new one made and started to deliver them consistently. Not one of them appeared in my gig gallery, so I asked the buyers about it and they said they had liked the images. i wrote to Support to see if my LP was broken. I found out that my LP has been disabled although my images never contained anything confidential - they were all simple ones with a colored background, art, and “your gig was delivered” and “thank you” messages.

Here is the message I received from CS:

“Your Live Portfolio is an important feature, which allows buyers to see the work you’ve done on Fiverr. Buyers love seeing examples before ordering, so we strongly recommend having an active Live Portfolio for all your gigs. However, please know that this is not always the case for all Gigs as some no longer feature a Live Portfolio due to out Privacy Policy reflecting the deliveries. In this case your Live Portfolio is no longer active at this time, we apologize for any inconvenience.”

So, just FYI, even if you deliver an image, it may not show. Apparently some users are not permitted to use the feature and there is no notice or error message. I wanted to let others know so that you check before you spend time or money having a delivery message designed. I have written back to CS to ask if there is any chance of a change, so I’ll update if I remember. 😦

Thank you for this information. Having people’s psychic readings viewable in LP would definitely be a privacy issue so it must not be available in our category.

Thank you for this information. Having people’s psychic readings viewable in LP would definitely be a privacy issue so it must not be available in our category.

I didn’t get the feeling it was based on categories. I’ve seen other people in my categories who use thank-you images in the LP. My images didn’t have real delivery info either. From what I can tell, if you edit your gigs and they are reviewed by staff, they can decide to turn off your LP based on personal opinion.

It’s not a huge thing to me, but if I had known it could happen I wouldn’t have invested time/effort/funds into having a nice image designed. That’s why I added to this thread since I now wouldn’t recommend investing in a great delivery image. If you decide to use one, just use something simple since you might lose your whole LP at any time.

• 2 months later...

Archived