We’re Making a Change to the Header Menu!

mjensen415

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I never write on the forum but now I think is really bad why always change things that are not broken buyers complaining they can not find what they looking for in the menu and me too specially the notification and messages menu it is horrible. A useless change to make it MORE complicated for nothing. NOT HAPPY WITH THIS CHANGE AT ALL. Sorry Fiverr stop changing things and work on some bugs like to review someone on the phone the review submit button dissapears when you write something in the form… fix that

well after a couple days using this new menu, I really really miss having a bold symbol for notifications and a separate one for messages. Too many things going unnoticed.

edit: officially really don’t like it. notifications/messages are our lifeblood, and they’ve been reduced to THE tiniest dot. answering messages vs responding to notifications is a completely different frame of mind. this update has essentially streamlined our flow with potential buyers and and current ones, and it is just awfully counter-intuitive.

I couldn’t agree more!

In addition, I seriously miss the easy 1-click dashboard access…

Another classic example of "If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it "

@leahemme: My new UI design is finally here. Now I fully get what you initially meant. The message notification is crappy, to say the least, and the one-click dashboard? Nuff said bout it already.

Anyway, I want to assume they’d make changes to it on the back of this general outrage. Otherwise, this would take one big getting used to.

Imo there were in general too much changes in the backend in the last months!

UX / Product etc should really think twice if it is “worth” to do so much “cosmetic” changes without implementing additional features.

It may be a good idea to check how the “real big players” (Google, Ebay, Amazon etc…) handle these kind of changes - how often they do that, and how often they move menu items from the left to the right, from the bottom to the top, from one submenu to another…

The thing that’s really irritating me is trying to find the dashboard thing. I KNOW where it is, but it’s gonna take my muscle memory some time to adjust.

So yeah.

Absolutely. And it shouldn´t be a “big surprise” that the dasboard is the “mother of all tools”. Now you need a click more to get there, before you had it at first sight… “Negative UX improvement” imo…

Ok, not a big thing, direct link to the dasboard is: https://www.fiverr.com/users/YOUR-USERNAME/todos

So I got hit with the new UI yesterday and boy, it doesn’t work for me at all…I do hope for two things to happen:

1. That with time I might get used to it
  2. The fiverr team should take all our reviews here and give us what we - the users - truly want.

All is great except one thing.

This message section is really bad now. At least You should make it to remember where I was last time /notifications or inbox) as I went thru all notifications and now I wanted to read all messages. but watch this. Every time I have to click on “inbox” to see list of messages. or to go back on full inbox list. Which is very bad and time consuming.

I much preferred the messages/notifications/inbox-thing as it was before, the rest, I don´t mind, though I can´t see any advantages for me either.

In case this might help someone: As I wanted to check if there is anything new under the Settings tab, I went there and activated notifications for mobile, which apparently I hadn´t before, then I noticed that my green dot was gone - I had just seen that online indicator was turned to on of course, because on clicking Settings it´s on the default account settings page that you see first, but went back and voilà, it had somehow reset itself to me being shown as offline.

So, clicking some setting might cause other settings to click themselves 😉 so maybe if you do change some setting, better check the other settings thereafter.

I’m starting to get a little stressed out by the new header, to be honest. There’s always a pink dot even when there is nothing new, and my messages aren’t being marked as read. I miss the simplicity of the old design, and having no pink dots when I have nothing to do.

Has this been making you guys stressed too, or is it just me ? 😬

Archived