Zip, docs, pdf, Are they safe?

saddu_writer

Hi MT,
Downloading ANY unknown file is alright if it is NOT opened or executed.

💡 The best thing to do is always have a USB pen-drive attached to your workstation.

Download any unknown files there, so you can always delete them without being stored on your workstation Hard-drive.

Viruses are almost-non existent now, what the majority of issues that take place are due to “malware”.

⚠️ So use a program like Malware Bytes. To check all files before opening them.

Hi MT,

💡 The best thing to do is always have a USB pen-drive attached to your workstation.

Download any unknown files there, so you can always delete them without being stored on your workstation Hard-drive.

Viruses are almost-non existent now, what the majority of issues that take place are due to “malware”.

So whats the best one between those 3?

Hi MT,

Dj, when you open the file even from USB it spreads its poison anyhow. Isn’t it?

Why would anyone send you a script as a zip file? Scripts are short.

Scanning all files is a good idea, and so is disabling all macros in Word.

They don’t usually contain only script. They have high resolution logo pics, voice over, visual instructions and other stuff as well…

They don’t usually contain only script. They have high resolution logo pics, voice over, visual instructions and other stuff as well…

All right, it makes sense to send you logo pics and other files you need for the video.

You say that they send you voice over and visual instructions. Do you mean that they send them in separate files? Both the voice over and the visual descriptions are parts of a video script. Or is it easier for you to work with separate files?

All right, it makes sense to send you logo pics and other files you need for the video.

You say that they send you voice over and visual instructions. Do you mean that they send them in separate files? Both the voice over and the visual descriptions are parts of a video script. Or is it easier for you to work with separate files?

Voice over is in mp3 form, visual instructions are in docs and script is in another docs file because pricing depends upon script’s words count.

424e0e7bc34113f2d984782b7308c63bcdc672ff.jpg

Have done more than 120 videos, didnt scan a single script. That thing seems laborious.

I don’t have an anti-virus installed, I don’t have a anti-malware installed, never had them in the last 15 years.

It all depends on whether you know the source sending/downloading the file is trustworthy or not.

It is indeed laborious in context of files being checked due to work, but since you created this topic, I gave an answer to it.

So the ball’s 🎾 in your court now.

@saddu_writer Thank you for the explanation!

When you say ‘script’, do you mean script for the voice over, or video script?

A video script (AV script, audio visual script) is usually a two-column script with the left column describing the visuals, while the right column is for the voice over (highlighting the right column gives the word count for the voice over).

What do you usually receive?

@saddu_writer Thank you for the explanation!

When you say ‘script’, do you mean script for the voice over, or video script?

A video script (AV script, audio visual script) is usually a two-column script with the left column describing the visuals, while the right column is for the voice over (highlighting the right column gives the word count for the voice over).

What do you usually receive?

Video script is a docs file that contain all the text on which video is going to be created. I send it to the voice guy and he record it.

The visual docs contain video script plus visuals. For example,

Script: do you want to make money?

Visuals: draw a guy counting dollars.

And that usually depend on buyers. Some send the visual description while other give me a free hand.

I don’t have an anti-virus installed, I don’t have a anti-malware installed, never had them in the last 15 years.

It all depends on whether you know the source sending/downloading the file is trustworthy or not.

It is indeed laborious in context of files being checked due to work, but since you created this topic, I gave an answer to it.

So the ball’s 🎾 in your court now.

How do I know buyers who contact me for the first time ( mostly) … :roll_eyes:

Video script is a docs file that contain all the text on which video is going to be created. I send it to the voice guy and he record it.

The visual docs contain video script plus visuals. For example,

Script: do you want to make money?

Visuals: draw a guy counting dollars.

And that usually depend on buyers. Some send the visual description while other give me a free hand.

All right, then we both say ‘video script’, but mean different things. 😸

PDF files are really safe. Microsoft word files may contain macros - however: the latest versions of word will ask you if you want to enable macros after you have opened the file and before the macros can be executed. Also, I’m seeing that microsoft products now open any files that came off the internet in a kind of safe reading mode - with editing disabled.

If you are using a windows computer, I strongly suggest that you turn on extensions so that you can see that a Word document actually is a word document and ends in .doc, .docx, etc… and that a PDF file actually ends in .pdf.

Many people have reported getting documents that show the right icon, but they are actually executable.

Windows users should never accept a file that can be executed (.exe) unless they absolutely know that the exe is expected maybe because they are working on a windows application. Zip files are a bit risky because they can have anything inside them.

I have a strong Antivirus program that scans everything automatically (as most do nowdays). I also check extensions to make sure that the file is of the correct type, and I always check whats inside a ZIP file before I open anything inside it.

Archived