Digital Marketing Category Update

mjensen415

Fiverr is a dynamic marketplace that grows and adapts as the needs and skill sets of our buyers and sellers evolve. We constantly reevaluate our platform to better suit our users’ changing requirements. As part of this ongoing goal, and the rate at which digital marketing in particular is progressing, we’re making some big changes to our digital marketing service types and pricing, starting today.

Within Fiverr’s Digital Marketing category, we’re developing a a host of services that better align with the diverse needs of today’s entrepreneurs. We broke down each of the subcategories within Digital Marketing into smaller “sub” subcategories that will allow sellers to better define and structure the services that they offer. What does this mean for you? Well, it’s big. This change will create a more straight-forward buying experience, reducing confusion, and increasing satisfaction among our buyers, and you know what that means? Better ratings, better sales, and better interactions within our community. That’s what we call a win-win-win!

This is where we need your help. In order for this to work, sellers must update any existing Gigs to more accurately reflect the specific service that they provide. This will be an opportunity for sellers like you to create more Gigs and serve the market in a more systematic fashion. So the more thoroughly (and quickly) you can do this, the better!

So here’s how it works. Here’s an an example of an optimized Gig, using the new guidelines.

screen_shot_2017-03-21_at_3_00.12_pm.png.97369384c2ff5a93bbcc1f616ab907dc.png

Most of the categories in Digital Marketing will be affected. There will be new pricing attributes and we are launching a new subcategory: ECommerce Marketing. The categories affected by these changes are listed below. If you have Gigs in any of these categories, please click through to see the changes to the sub categories:

Social Media Marketing
SEO
Content Marketing
Influencer Marketing
Video Marketing (Please note the name change)
Email Marketing
Web Analytics
Mobile Advertising
[search & Display Marketing] (https://forum.fiverr.com/t/category-update-search-display-marketing) (previously SEM)

These are big changes that require a little more work up-front, but are going to give sellers like you better opportunities to establish yourself niche subcategories that are a better fit for your entrepreneurial needs- thus establishing new clients, more orders and a more steady business!

This looks great for the gigs that I offer. Falls right under e-commerce marketing, awesome news. However, I’m just a bit confused. When will this role out to the public? I can edit my current gigs to go under “Digital Marketing” and select the “e-commerce marketing” subcategory… However, you can’t search for that subcategory (currently) on Fiverr’s categories section, so it’s hidden right now.

Anyone know what this is going to go into effect to the masses? I already updated one of my listings for this subcategory, but I’ve had issues in the past when I edited my listings, they would drop down in search results. So I try to edit as least as possible. Will edited categories effect us in anyway?

Appreciate any answer!

Thanks again Fiverr Team

On 3/22/2017 at 3:37 PM, alienbrayn said:

This looks great for the gigs that I offer. Falls right under e-commerce marketing, awesome news. However, I’m just a bit confused. When will this role out to the public? I can edit my current gigs to go under “Digital Marketing” and select the “e-commerce marketing” subcategory… However, you can’t search for that subcategory (currently) on Fiverr’s categories section, so it’s hidden right now.

Hi Alienbrayn! We will open the Ecommerce marketing subcategory once we determine we have enough gigs in the subcategory to open it. I know this sounds like a relatively subjective measure but it works when you think about a supply/demand model. In the meantime, all of the gigs will be still visible within search. We want to open Ecommerce as soon as we can since we know it will be in high demand.

Dear @mjensen415,

Any news on when will the promoted gigs feature come to the Digital Marketing category? Especially to the Social Media Marketing subcategory? I’m really stoked on it and would like to give it a try.

This update is really handy though, I’ve updated my gigs right away. Makes our lives easier for sure.

Please do not edit your gigs, my bestselling gig on advertising section disappeared completely outta search results and category, once i made a minor change in my gig. Its a gig where i promote Music Band news or Interview. U can check yourself, it’s nowhere in search results. I have contacted customer support regarding this issue. And i will not take any further risk and edit gigs that are in digital marketing section. They too will disappear

Dear @mjensen415, this is Brilliant, Outstanding, Awesome, Much Needed, Superb, Giving Relief - as you can see that I’m truly happy with this update. Now I’ve the perfect sub-category for my Gigs - Social Content. I feel at home now. Thank you so much for this outstanding upgrade. Much much appreciated.

P.S.: I couldn’t wait to update my Gigs instantly. Now all my related Gigs are listed under its most relevant category. Thank you.

I have been waiting for such a long time for this update that you guys won’t believe, since E-Commerce Big Bang, there’s been a lot of demand for pro level services from products management to lead generation, autoresponder set up, email templates design for different newsletter services, landing pages work in terms of graphics, creative writing for subjects, explanatory content and CTAs and their A/B testing, complete online marketing campaigns design (from adwords to different social media campaigns, and audience targeting etc etc etc an e commerce business needs a lot of inputs (and all these things are my speciality btw), so far, there was no specific category while other platforms in competition with fiverr had this category from long long ago, I’m gonna tell all my freelancer friends who are offering these services on other platforms (including me) that now our favourite platform has entered the game.

Bravo my dear team fiverr, for this super cool initiative, there will soon be enough of gigs so fiverr marketing team will consider drawing direct traffic to this category just like logo design campaigns we see most of the time, (No, believe me it’s going to have better CTR and conversion rate if we target the ads properly, and will give recurring clients 'coz not even a single service in this category is one time need, and YES, we KNOW that our beloved fiverr marketing team is frisky about logo design ads while other categories get a very low traffic share from direct campaigns, we all notice that, after all, correct me kindly if I am wrong! but for this specific category, I’ll chose to be hopeful, I hope to see fiverr ads on all ecommerce forums, and social media ads too,) Well, Best of luck team fiverr!!!

Also I have some “service” categories under E-commerce parent to suggest that most of the time are required by people who sell online, would love to share if I know where to submit the suggestion, any help?

• 2 weeks later...

Nice extra features and new menu is more intuitive. Big problem now is gigs getting taken down by false reports of copyright infringement and links to external sites which are not there, Seems like the new platform is making it easier for jealous little sellers to remove competition.

Please do not edit your gigs, my bestselling gig on advertising section disappeared completely outta search results and category, once i made a minor change in my gig. Its a gig where i promote Music Band news or Interview. U can check yourself, it’s nowhere in search results. I have contacted customer support regarding this issue. And i will not take any further risk and edit gigs that are in digital marketing section. They too will disappear

Something similar happened to one of my gigs. I was getting at least 2 orders a day from one of my gigs but as soon as I made changes to the description crickets

Something similar happened to one of my gigs. I was getting at least 2 orders a day from one of my gigs but as soon as I made changes to the description crickets

Although, my gig was restored, once i contacted customer support, i have lost 2 other great gigs of mine, which were never restored, AND i had to ultimately delete them. It seems fiverr no longer allows us to edit gigs, which makes things quite difficult and frustrating, especially if u are offering digital marketing or promotional gigs, as digital marketing techniques become obsolete quite soon, and no matter what, u have to update your gigs to keep up with the current marketing trends.

I guess the new admins and editors are GREEN and do not know how soon the online landscape changes. I am a PR expert, and back in 2013, PR companies were hit HARD by Google. So we had to make changes, in order to fully comply with the guidelines of GOOGLE. With so many updates google makes, i wonder how am i ever supposed to keep up with it, especially when my gigs disappear, the moment i edit them in order to keep up with the latest MANDATORY rules imposed by GOOGLE. It’s something which Fiverr as a BRAND does not realize and hire people who have least experience or knowhow about today’s business landscape.

This rant is coming from a guy who has contributed on platforms like Forbes, huffpost, wsj, Nytimes and more! I am NOT GREEN

• 2 weeks later...

Hi needing some help with this, I received a notification today that states if I do not update my packages my gigs will be removed, the problem i am having is the attributes that are listed in the packages do not apply to the services I offer, the services I offer are in the gigs I have and the extras, so how can I get round this ?, can anyone please confirm if it is mandatory to apply these changes ??, the attributes listed do not match my services so do I have to add the packages?

• 1 month later...

Just wondering… I haven’t seen anything Fiverr is doing for marketers who wish to deliver information instantly by delivery on an ebook. Is there such a thing here and if so how does it work? If not, are there plans to institute such a program, because after all, this is the Information Age, and the potential for Fiverr to capture the business of thousands, if not millions of entrepreneurs here is really great. My own gig is ebooks and I am still unclear as to how I run such a business on here without a delivery by Fiverr. Thanks in advance.

• 6 months later...

Thats a very good development. but i noticed that in the the digital marketing category, there is only presentation design but when i used the search bar to find powerpoint, i saw two services which are powerpoint presentation and another one called presentation. so please can you add the missing part of this category (presentation) to the digital marketing ? 

Archived