Why I gave someone with no reviews a chance

fastcopywriter

I needed a gig video (whiteboard animation), and couldn’t afford the $20-$50+ other sellers were charging.

Some had expensive prices for scripts has over 100 words, others charge a lot extra to incorporate the voice over I had already recorded on Fiverr (cost me $10, $5 for the gig, $5 for the tip).

So instead of searching level 1’s and 2’s, I decided to look at “new sellers.”

His portfolio video was perfect, his gig description was flawless, and his $10 standard package was pretty reasonable, specially since it features a 2-day delivery (other sellers take 5 days or longer).

Suffice to say, he delivered in less than 24-hours. I placed the order at 6pm and got it back at 5am.

So I gave him a $10 tip.

My point is anyone can get hired on Fiverr, even if you’re in a category where there are 985 new sellers competing with you, not to mention over 900 sellers between level 1 and TRS.

P.S. I did not message the seller before placing the order, I did not ask him if he was available. The people telling you to message sellers are WRONG. If the green button says “Proceed to Order,” that’s what you should do. Only message sellers that ask for it.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interesting!
More buyers like you would be golden.
Sellers who’ll do good jobs are really hidden in a pool of no sales or no reviews.
A way of subverting this no sale, no review syndrome is sellers marketing themselves off Fiverr on social media and blogs. It’s surprising there are many people out there who don’t know of freelance websites. If a link to your service is out on a blog or social media the buyer or searcher could readily follow your link. There are websites that do blog posts for gigs and freelancers. An example of a blog is bestfiverrwriter.blogspot.com, they advertise gigs for free and could make up creative posts about your service.

I needed a gig video (whiteboard animation), and couldn’t afford the $20-$50+ other sellers were charging.

Some had expensive prices for scripts has over 100 words, others charge a lot extra to incorporate the voice over I had already recorded on Fiverr (cost me $10, $5 for the gig, $5 for the tip).

So instead of searching level 1’s and 2’s, I decided to look at “new sellers.”

His portfolio video was perfect, his gig description was flawless, and his $10 standard package was pretty reasonable, specially since it features a 2-day delivery (other sellers take 5 days or longer).

Suffice to say, he delivered in less than 24-hours. I placed the order at 6pm and got it back at 5am.

So I gave him a $10 tip.

My point is anyone can get hired on Fiverr, even if you’re in a category where there are 985 new sellers competing with you, not to mention over 900 sellers between level 1 and TRS.

P.S. I did not message the seller before placing the order, I did not ask him if he was available. The people telling you to message sellers are WRONG. If the green button says “Proceed to Order,” that’s what you should do. Only message sellers that ask for it.

These tips have been repeated over and over on the forum yet there are still many new sellers who have a completely useless profile and description. It pains me when I go to check out the gigs of a new seller who is moaning about not getting orders and I see a profile and gigs that would have taken 5 minutes to set up. I refuse to comment on those threads where I would spend more time on the comment than the seller has done on his gig. Where I see some effort or evidence of time spent I am happy to give a few pointers if necessary but not if the total effort of the seller is just above zero.

As fastcopywriter has described here, price is what made him buy from a new seller and the gig description and video are what made him choose a particular new seller. I am the same when choosing a new seller, and I am sure most buyers are the same. So put in some effort, if you spent less than 2 hours writing your gig, creating a video, searching for images etc then you have not done enough. If you have copied someone else then change it. If you have taken the first images you found on google and claim them as your own, wake up - people are not all that stupid.

If you want to earn money then you have to spend time.

These tips have been repeated over and over on the forum yet there are still many new sellers who have a completely useless profile and description. It pains me when I go to check out the gigs of a new seller who is moaning about not getting orders and I see a profile and gigs that would have taken 5 minutes to set up. I refuse to comment on those threads where I would spend more time on the comment than the seller has done on his gig. Where I see some effort or evidence of time spent I am happy to give a few pointers if necessary but not if the total effort of the seller is just above zero.

As fastcopywriter has described here, price is what made him buy from a new seller and the gig description and video are what made him choose a particular new seller. I am the same when choosing a new seller, and I am sure most buyers are the same. So put in some effort, if you spent less than 2 hours writing your gig, creating a video, searching for images etc then you have not done enough. If you have copied someone else then change it. If you have taken the first images you found on google and claim them as your own, wake up - people are not all that stupid.

Yes yes yes yes yes. People need to frame this in gold with lights flashing around it.

To this day I still remember my very first buyer, and looking back I think she bought from me just because I was new. The job was extremely simple, so much so that I was worried I had misinterpreted it somehow, but the review was quick, encouraging, and I’ve got to say, came at a time when I was considering remaining on other sites instead of spending any time here.

Can’t say her username here, but I’ve never forgotten her, and it has its…frustrations…but Fiverr really has changed my life. So thank you to She Who Shall Not Be Named, wherever you are.

Guest phantompower

Yes yes yes yes yes. People need to frame this in gold with lights flashing around it.

Mine is stolen… “Price Is What You Pay, Value Is What You Get”

Exactly on point about not messaging beforehand. Some sellers do want this, and I could see how in certain lines of work or for custom requests you’d want to. This often wastes so much time in my line of work and is honestly annoying to just keep responding to people saying that YES I am available. If the order button is lit up and green, go for it!

Exactly on point about not messaging beforehand. Some sellers do want this, and I could see how in certain lines of work or for custom requests you’d want to. This often wastes so much time in my line of work and is honestly annoying to just keep responding to people saying that YES I am available. If the order button is lit up and green, go for it!

This often wastes so much time in my line of work and is honestly annoying to just keep responding to people saying that YES I am available. If the order button is lit up and green, go for it!

As you said, it depends on the service. I had so many cancellations lately due to buyers not reading the gig’s description and ordering although my gig had nothing to do with what they needed done! I often felt like you mentioned, annoyed that I have to keep replying to buyers and sometimes the discussion takes days due to time differences, but I just realized in the past week that I’d rather answer 5 messages instead of cancelling 5 orders. Hope that makes sense 😊

This often wastes so much time in my line of work and is honestly annoying to just keep responding to people saying that YES I am available. If the order button is lit up and green, go for it!

As you said, it depends on the service. I had so many cancellations lately due to buyers not reading the gig’s description and ordering although my gig had nothing to do with what they needed done! I often felt like you mentioned, annoyed that I have to keep replying to buyers and sometimes the discussion takes days due to time differences, but I just realized in the past week that I’d rather answer 5 messages instead of cancelling 5 orders. Hope that makes sense 😊

I do admit there are some occasions where messaging has prevented problems. Some buyers read a gig and will ask for things that are not in the gig. But personally, I would rather hurt my completion rate with refunds than waste time messaging. Also, an order makes me want to work, because it shows me the buyer is serious and not just talking.

I do admit there are some occasions where messaging has prevented problems. Some buyers read a gig and will ask for things that are not in the gig. But personally, I would rather hurt my completion rate with refunds than waste time messaging. Also, an order makes me want to work, because it shows me the buyer is serious and not just talking.

I always message new sellers, seeing if they are around. Also explaining what I want within the gig I want to order and see if they will do within the parameters of that gig.

To this day I still remember my very first buyer, and looking back I think she bought from me just because I was new. The job was extremely simple, so much so that I was worried I had misinterpreted it somehow, but the review was quick, encouraging, and I’ve got to say, came at a time when I was considering remaining on other sites instead of spending any time here.

Can’t say her username here, but I’ve never forgotten her, and it has its…frustrations…but Fiverr really has changed my life. So thank you to She Who Shall Not Be Named, wherever you are.

We never forget people who have made a difference in our lives!

I always message new sellers, seeing if they are around. Also explaining what I want within the gig I want to order and see if they will do within the parameters of that gig.

Well, you’re not doing them any favors. Instead, you should read the gig. Messages are for special situations. You want two logos instead of one but can only afford to pay for one. The whiteboard you want has 101 words and your seller only covers 100 words. You want it delivered in 3 days instead of 5.

Furthermore, if you’re going to request a custom offer, you should include the price you want. When a seller has 15 gigs, it’s hard to remember every price point, and visiting the gig is a chore for the seller.

Basically, we don’t want delays, we want to get orders so we can make some MONEY! A lot of buyers treat Fiverr like it’s a company in America scheduling a meeting with a company in Japan to buy a million widgets. Some buyers even want a s***e session to make sure the seller understands.

Right on! Although I’d say it slightly different:

If you want to earn money, then you have invest time & effort. Few free lunches.

IF you do it right, you are investing in your business.

The rest of your tips/observations are also spot on.

It always makes me roll my eyes when I get a message from someone asking, “Can you do [something already listed in my gig]? What would it cost?”

My answer is always short and sweet. “Yes, I can. Please take a look at my gig, and select the services that best fit your needs…”

If I’m offering a service on Fiverr, then, um, yes… I “can do it”.

Buyers do not need my permission to place an order. 😜

Archived