Buyer Gurus Wanted, Here's Why

wordpress_luv

1288094427_ManageOrders.thumb.PNG.d88235572db246a5ce79351ce9f0874b.PNG

Fine, if you need to see stats for one’s “guru-ness” to be established, so be it.
5 of those cancellations came within my first 6 weeks or so and were small orders.
2 or 3 were cancelled due to seller not delivering what was promised, the others were for sellers’s personal reasons etc.

So, now that I have taken your guru crown, why not go back through everything I have advised and implement it. You also need to get some reality into what you order though - a website with content for $10 - please, gimme a break. You previously suggested hiring me to help you increase your success rate and I declined for various reasons. One of which was that I suspected you were operating with unrealistic budgets and frankly I don’t need the hassle of being in between a buyer who seems to have unrealistic expectations of price/quality and sellers who have no other USPs than their cheap cheap cheap price.

• Take my advice from previous comments.
  • Don’t hire me or someone else to be a middleman
  • Use the money saved to increase your budget for the services you require.
  • Reduce your cancellations.

As for your attitude towards people from different countries - sheesh…

Fine, if you need to see stats for one’s “guru-ness” to be established, so be it.

5 of those cancellations came within my first 6 weeks or so and were small orders.

2 or 3 were cancelled due to seller not delivering what was promised, the others were for sellers’s personal reasons etc.

So, now that I have taken your guru crown, why not go back through everything I have advised and implement it. You also need to get some reality into what you order though - a website with content for $10 - please, gimme a break. You previously suggested hiring me to help you increase your success rate and I declined for various reasons. One of which was that I suspected you were operating with unrealistic budgets and frankly I don’t need the hassle of being in between a buyer who seems to have unrealistic expectations of price/quality and sellers who have no other USPs than their cheap cheap cheap price.

All hail King Eoin, King™®© of the Fiverr™®© Guru™®© Pool™®© !

"Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond."

Again, let me state I did not realize it was not a private message to

the sender.

Let’s hope others follow our example and post their scores and tell

how they’ve managed so far.

May I ask a question? When a Seller offers to install a site for 2

gigs, should ANYONE believe and order from such Sellers?

"Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond."

Again, let me state I did not realize it was not a private message to

the sender.

Let’s hope others follow our example and post their scores and tell

how they’ve managed so far.

May I ask a question? When a Seller offers to install a site for 2

I did not realize it was not a private message

That explains why you posted it on a public forum, my issue is with the actual attitude, but that is just me.

When a Seller offers to install a site for 2

The important question is not “should anyone”, the important question is “Why would you?”.

I wouldn’t buy a website with content for $10.

I wouldn’t make deal with a prince who emailed me asking to send me millions of dollars.

I also would not take up an offer to buy the Tower of London for $100.

But that’s just me, I could be missing out.

I did not realize it was not a private message

That explains why you posted it on a public forum, my issue is with the actual attitude, but that is just me.

When a Seller offers to install a site for 2

The important question is not “should anyone”, the important question is “Why would you?”.

I wouldn’t buy a website with content for $10.

I wouldn’t make deal with a prince who emailed me asking to send me millions of dollars.

I also would not take up an offer to buy the Tower of London for $100.

But that’s just me, I could be missing out.

Since you’re the Moderator, and you know 100% that I did not want

that message on a public forum, I’d appreciate you removing it.

IMHO Fiverr allows such gigs offering to install a WP site because

everyone knows (or should know) that Buyers purchasing will require

additional services. Plugins, widgets configured, and guidance leading

to several additional more sales to the Seller fortunate enough to

land such a newbie client.

"The important question is not “should anyone”, the important question

is "Why would you?"

You’re not answering the question with either yes or no, so let me

explain further by asking “why not”.

For example, just as there are thousands of registered Sellers with NO

feedback, there are at least that many new Buyers with no experience

obtaining hosting, PHPMySQL, configuring DNS, cPanel or installing a

WP site. Taking things one step at a time, for as little as $5-$10

each, makes good sense to most beginners. Later they may learn to

search YouTube to learn just how easy this is to do, but again… why

not?

is "Why would you?"

not?

Perhaps you should pay me $5 to tell you how you can do that yourself instead of relying on the gurus?

Oh, wait. What was it I said earlier? Hmm?

is "Why would you?"

not?

In most cases, you get what you pay for. I would be wary about resting my hat on cheaply priced services that require a lot of legwork. Not wise.

is "Why would you?"

not?

I have removed the comment. You can also edit your own comments.

I do advise that people place larger orders in parts when dealing with someone they have not dealt with before. However, as you are someone who has a lot of websites and due to our previous conversations, I doubt you were paying someone to just install a theme or similar. Anyway, why are you asking questions on behalf of hypothetical newbie buyers? Surely it is more beneficial for us to speak about real situations and real people which is what I was referring to in my earlier comments and why I changed the question - I can’t write a universal answer for all people on all situations.

I must ask, do you seek out people who offer money back guarantees?

Do you specifically seek out new sellers as they are more likely to cancel for you?

I do the opposite.

Money back guarantees make me query the professionalism of the seller as most do not offer this - professionals seek to be paid for what they do. It’s not the case 100% of the time but in the majority I think it is. Starting to work with someone with an expectation of failure is not the way to deal with anyone.

I have removed the comment. You can also edit your own comments.

I do advise that people place larger orders in parts when dealing with someone they have not dealt with before. However, as you are someone who has a lot of websites and due to our previous conversations, I doubt you were paying someone to just install a theme or similar. Anyway, why are you asking questions on behalf of hypothetical newbie buyers? Surely it is more beneficial for us to speak about real situations and real people which is what I was referring to in my earlier comments and why I changed the question - I can’t write a universal answer for all people on all situations.

Do you specifically seek out new sellers as they are more likely to cancel for you?

I do the opposite.

Money back guarantees make me query the professionalism of the seller as most do not offer this - professionals seek to be paid for what they do. It’s not the case 100% of the time but in the majority I think it is. Starting to work with someone with an expectation of failure is not the way to deal with anyone.

No I don’t ask for a money back guarantee, because Fiverr will refund the purchase when there are mutual cancellations. Secondly, we have the feedback system and I often accept orders that are not what I expected, but don’t give negative feedback. I simply wait the 72 hours for the system to close the account. Some sellers offer to Mutually Cancel, but when they’ve put in some effort to do my job, I don’t believe it fair to not give them the fee earned. They’re just not entitled to feedback.

On cancellations, I RARELY cancel myself. While I can’t say how many I’ve cancelled out of the 110 cancellations I maybe did 10. I often provide mp3 instructions and a demo video from YouTube, along with enough external links to complete the job. And I never agree to purchase unless we’ve discussed my expectations. Looking at English Comprehension indicators tells me to reduce the number of Sellers whose English skills are listed as Basic. You’ll spend more time telling them what to do than should be required of someone claiming to know what they’re doing.

Fiverr can also be and SHOULD be, entertaining at times. For example, when posting the maximum budget is say $50, and someone says they want $400, to me that is an opportunity to have fun. When extremely busy you can simply reply you’re seeking someone who understands USA English and move on. During slower periods you may be entertained by attempting to discover exactly what part of the task is that expensive. You’d be surprised at how many refuse to use TeamViewer to work together to solve some alleged challenge. And another point for me is that out of my 200+ purchases, I’d say only graphics and some database queries are the tasks I’d have trouble doing myself. I ALWAYS have an idea about what needs to be accomplished, where exactly the problem is located. And regardless of what they tell me, I never allow anyone to work on my live websites. For testing purposes I have at least 8 subdomains they can use to test their code. I recommend everyone follow this piece of expensively learned information.

No I don’t ask for a money back guarantee, because Fiverr will refund the purchase when there are mutual cancellations. Secondly, we have the feedback system and I often accept orders that are not what I expected, but don’t give negative feedback. I simply wait the 72 hours for the system to close the account. Some sellers offer to Mutually Cancel, but when they’ve put in some effort to do my job, I don’t believe it fair to not give them the fee earned. They’re just not entitled to feedback.

On cancellations, I RARELY cancel myself. While I can’t say how many I’ve cancelled out of the 110 cancellations I maybe did 10. I often provide mp3 instructions and a demo video from YouTube, along with enough external links to complete the job. And I never agree to purchase unless we’ve discussed my expectations. Looking at English Comprehension indicators tells me to reduce the number of Sellers whose English skills are listed as Basic. You’ll spend more time telling them what to do than should be required of someone claiming to know what they’re doing.

Fiverr can also be and SHOULD be, entertaining at times. For example, when posting the maximum budget is say $50, and someone says they want $400, to me that is an opportunity to have fun. When extremely busy you can simply reply you’re seeking someone who understands USA English and move on. During slower periods you may be entertained by attempting to discover exactly what part of the task is that expensive. You’d be surprised at how many refuse to use TeamViewer to work together to solve some alleged challenge. And another point for me is that out of my 200+ purchases, I’d say only graphics and some database queries are the tasks I’d have trouble doing myself. I ALWAYS have an idea about what needs to be accomplished, where exactly the problem is located. And regardless of what they tell me, I never allow anyone to work on my live websites. For testing purposes I have at least 8 subdomains they can use to test their code. I recommend everyone follow this piece of expensively learned information.

For example, when posting the maximum budget is say $50, and someone says they want $400, to me that is an opportunity to have fun.

So you enjoy picking on timewasters, cool.

Looking at English Comprehension indicators tells me to reduce the number of Sellers whose English skills are listed as Basic.

As an English person born in England from an English mother and an English father, I’ve had enough of this English Comprehension nonsense. That sentence above says it all. No wonder you get your sellers to write your reviews, never mind the rest of it. That shit right there? Oh boy.

refuse to use TeamViewer

Darling, have you read the TOS and shit?

Your website, like your computer, looks like someone last touched it in 1995. Sort that out plz.

Love,

a well proper guru innit, such a shame you’re ignoring me because I say things you don’t like. Also, let’s not forget the racism you were once so enthusiastic about. Or should we?

EDIT: let’s face it, old chap. American Comprehension, which is what you really mean, doesn’t have the same ring. I know, I know. Britannia still has its own shitty cache. You’re the one clinging onto it as the rest of us shrieked in horror and let go. Biscuits or death?

Archived