Priced too high?

williamz902

Well Everything looks perfect to me but the price is actually to high !

there are tons of sellers out there who offers the same GIG with a less money.
You Know Fiverr is a market place where clients usually comes with a cheap rate to get the job done.So you must offer them according to their expectations.

Hope you understand . 🙂

The first thing you need to do is offer a service (or part of your current service) that you can sell at $5 or $10. You’re not likely to make any sales at $700 for a basic gig.

Selling services at base $5-$10 isn’t a OSFA solution. I see people pushing this idea as a golden ticket to success on this forum too often, unfortunately. Usually, only quick tasks can be reasonably priced that low. I would advise against this kind of advice, no offense, Jon. Advising him to offer part of his service for $5 isn’t sensible, given that his task probably exceeds the 15 minute mark.

Although, I do agree that OP’s prices are way too high. Depending on the TYPE of service provided, residing on the ‘low affordable’ range is good advice. Now I don’t know what the price range is for wedding magazines, but I would figure out what the low end of that is, and maybe even lower it a bit further for Fiverr if it’s still too much.

Selling services at base $5-$10 isn’t a OSFA solution. I see people pushing this idea as a golden ticket to success on this forum too often, unfortunately. Usually, only quick tasks can be reasonably priced that low. I would advise against this kind of advice, no offense, Jon. Advising him to offer part of his service for $5 isn’t sensible, given that his task probably exceeds the 15 minute mark.

Although, I do agree that OP’s prices are way too high. Depending on the TYPE of service provided, residing on the ‘low affordable’ range is good advice. Now I don’t know what the price range is for wedding magazines, but I would figure out what the low end of that is, and maybe even lower it a bit further for Fiverr if it’s still too much.

Selling services at base $5-$10 isn’t a OSFA solution

I agree… the amount of work and design involved to produce 12 pages is just not worth $5 or even $10. Will look at starting at 120 and offer 3 packages.

I’ve already amended the prices. I will be putting in 2 other packages with slightly higher prices… and will work on some new designs, or improve the ones I have up already.

You definitely have the right attitude! 🙂

For me personally, the “Jane and John” sample just looks like a sea of ugly colours and fonts - there’s no “house style” or consistency. Sure, the imagery is good, but everything else is random.

I recommend you spend a little time researching the market to understand how your offering compares. Here’s a link to a Pinterest wedding brochure album that contains insanely good examples: https://uk.pinterest.com/explore/wedding-brochure/

For me personally, the “Jane and John” sample just looks like a sea of ugly colours and fonts - there’s no “house style” or consistency. Sure, the imagery is good, but everything else is random.

To be honest, I have the same idea. There is some scope for improvement here. If the sample blows people out of the water, they might be willing to spend a lot.

The first thing you need to do is offer a service (or part of your current service) that you can sell at $5 or $10. You’re not likely to make any sales at $700 for a basic gig.

Yes, that would be an alternative strategy. Offer a wedding flyer or postcard or something like that as a starting point (for $5 or $10, maybe $15 if you have really gained some traction). From there, you can see if you can interest people for a wedding magazine, maybe by making that part of the gig packages.

Selling services at base $5-$10 isn’t a OSFA solution

I agree… the amount of work and design involved to produce 12 pages is just not worth $5 or even $10. Will look at starting at 120 and offer 3 packages.

I’ve already amended the prices. I will be putting in 2 other packages with slightly higher prices… and will work on some new designs, or improve the ones I have up already.

Why not offer one page per “gig”. Then, the buyer can choose multiples depending upon the number of pages that they want in their “magazine”. Why force them to pay for 12 pages? Let them decide how many pages their magazine should have. 😉

To be honest, I have the same idea. There is some scope for improvement here. If the sample blows people out of the water, they might be willing to spend a lot.

Yes, that would be an alternative strategy. Offer a wedding flyer or postcard or something like that as a starting point (for $5 or $10, maybe $15 if you have really gained some traction). From there, you can see if you can interest people for a wedding magazine, maybe by making that part of the gig packages.

Offer a wedding flyer or postcard or something like that as a starting point (for $5 or $10, maybe $15 if you have really gained some traction). From there, you can see if you can interest people for a wedding magazine, maybe by making that part of the gig packages.

Exactly. Start with a small service that allows buyers to test out the quality of your work. EVERY gig service has something that can be offered for a $5-$15 basic gig. Gig pricing should be about giving buyers options, opportunities, and selections. Start small, and let them decide how big they want to go.

Archived