It made my EYES fill with Tears...!

anjylina

Guest aryytranslates

Have you tried wearing a bike helmet while chopping the onions?

Alternatively, you can also try soaking them in saline(salt+water) before chopping them.

@deluxewriting Hey it happens I did that back in my home country. But not while chopping onions. I wore that when I was frying fish, to protect my face from hot oil (when water, oil and heat collide, it´s a crazy ride). Most people in my country ride a motorbike or scooter, and I´m not an exception. So we usually have a helmet at home.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@deluxewriting Hey it happens I did that back in my home country. But not while chopping onions. I wore that when I was frying fish, to protect my face from hot oil (when water, oil and heat collide, it´s a crazy ride). Most people in my country ride a motorbike or scooter, and I´m not an exception. So we usually have a helmet at home.

Same here, every household has at least one of those motorbikes.

Well, “No” is not an option when your “Chacho” orders you to go and help the chef. “If the guests get their dinner late, you are doomed.” So, you gotta improvise in such situations.

No" is not an option when your “Chacho” orders

Does your Chacho like Ghabber Singh? I don’t have any chacho.😥

Have you tried a chopper? A good one will, well, chop the onions in 30 seconds or something.

Have you tried a chopper? A good one will, well, chop the onions in 30 seconds or something

I never supposed to do home chores.It was my 1st time.Have no awareness of kitchen tools.

But, I’m gonna try all these useful tips one by one and I’d let you know which one was the best 😅

Hi,

Are you thinking who made my eyes fill with tears?

My boy friend? Nah…I don’t have one.

My client? No,clients are very kind to me (Alhamdulillah).

It’s the Essential Onion…ugh…😢

My mama has bad shoulder pain so I’ve had to prepare supper and this dude onion made me to sob bitterly.😭

Why is this so essential in our cooking even so hard,sharp and “Chhana”?

Is it that much necessary in your cooking too? If yes,how do you deal with it?

I really don’t like to cut onion 😡 9be1fa82150b3c50b4b24f4c35670d1d1ad33998.gif

Sobbing Aman 😭

Is it that much necessary in your cooking too?

Onions are an essential part of every cuisine, no?

For instance, southern Germany, “Flammkuchen”. Something like this is in the oven right now:

flammkuchen.thumb.jpg.51b121d83d6c52a2bb3a196e840e4f31.jpg

But kinda greek, with olives and more onions. And I don’t understand the problem. Take a sharp knife and make proper cuts. Problem solved?

For instance, southern Germany, “Flammkuchen”. Something like this is in the oven right now:

But kinda greek, with olives and more onions. And I don’t understand the problem. Take a sharp knife and make proper cuts. Problem solved?

Take a sharp knife and make proper cuts. Problem solved?

Problem has solved.Thanks

Yap. It’s very important in our cooking (depending on the dish though).

Chewing gum while cutting onion will make you still feel at ease while cutting.

Gums with menthol are more efficient in this.

Chewing gum while cutting onion will make you still feel at ease while cutting.

LOL…I ll try this.😋

Yum yumm!!! Recipe please. My knife is as sharp as can get 😉

Yum yumm!!! Recipe please. My knife is as sharp as can get 😉

Really?

[details=Flammkuchen]Not the one from the picture but it’s good

400g flour

220ml lukewarm water

half a teaspoon salt

a good dash of olive oil (2-3 tablespoons)

make a ball of dough and let that rest for half an hour. Roll out thinly. Should fill two baking sheets. A good portion for two people who’d like to have a snack tomorrow. Then,

a somewhat thinly spread layer of crème fraîche on top of them. I used about 250g in total. Sprinkle ground pepper.

From here on it’s up to you. Bacon and onions would be the traditional choice. We had Feta, olives, onions and chopped jalapenos.

Into the pre-heated oven, 250°C for… some 15-ish minutes. Until the dough has taken some color.

Enjoy! :)[/details]

Really?

400g flour

220ml lukewarm water

half a teaspoon salt

make a ball of dough and let that rest for half an hour. Roll out thinly. Should fill two baking sheets. A good portion for two people who’d like to have a snack tomorrow. Then,

a somewhat thinly spread layer of crème fraîche on top of them. I used about 250g in total. Sprinkle ground pepper.

From here on it’s up to you. Bacon and onions would be the traditional choice. We had Feta, olives, onions and chopped jalapenos.

Into the pre-heated oven, 250°C for… some 15-ish minutes. Until the dough has taken some color.

Use this :

onion-chopper.jpg.d50128af14c9f5d0067fd1703f09aa37.jpg

Just push the onion through it. It reduces exposure time and you can keep it sealed until you want to use it. Costs 2$.

@aryytranslates baik. I mean, bike 🙂

make a ball of dough and let that rest for half an hour.

It is only possible for the dough ball to rest at a place because the earth is flat. If the earth were round, wouldn’t the dough ball roll of?

BAM!

I’ve heard that freezing the onion makes it less of a biochemical weapon. Of course, I’ve never tried this as I always forget and putting onions in the freezer isn’t a natural thought process.

My top tip is: get someone else to do it.

This also usually leads to them doing the rest of the chopping too, so this is 👌

seems yummy, what’s this dish?

Japanese "rice bowl dish"

anime dish, though…

Here is the recipe 😛

http://whimsicalzoo.blogspot.com/favicon.icowhimsicalzoo.blogspot.com

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-X6SKMUJxAR8/VYETfGIi_SI/AAAAAAAAGLY/_KT4wRarj1Q/w1200-h630-p-k-no-nu/IMG_0601.png

[Fiction Recreation] Yukihira Style Chaliapin (Shalyapin) Steak Don Recipe

Fashion, food, thrifting in sydney, experimentations

Japanese "rice bowl dish"

anime dish, though…

Here is the recipe 😛

http://whimsicalzoo.blogspot.com/favicon.icowhimsicalzoo.blogspot.com

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-X6SKMUJxAR8/VYETfGIi_SI/AAAAAAAAGLY/_KT4wRarj1Q/w1200-h630-p-k-no-nu/IMG_0601.png

[Fiction Recreation] Yukihira Style Chaliapin (Shalyapin) Steak Don Recipe

Fashion, food, thrifting in sydney, experimentations

Japanese “rice bowl dish”

It looks great. @zeus777 have you tried this?

Really?

400g flour

220ml lukewarm water

half a teaspoon salt

Yes…It looks crispy.

That’s all I need.

Guest aryytranslates

Have you tried a chopper? A good one will, well, chop the onions in 30 seconds or something.

@catwriter When I clicked on your username, I saw a some kind of header photo, it´s a photo of a cat. How did you do that? I want to put up a header photo too on my profile.

Archived