💡 Guide: Get your First Order

stdwares

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I checked your Gig. Here are few things you can try doing:

1. Replace Just with Only : What you will get in just 5$
  2. Change About Me part of your profile. Write in more complete sentences. Grammar is right, but sentence structure is not very easy flowing. Try to avoid direct translation from Hindi. Check About Me sections of other Sellers in your niche.
  3. Make more Gigs - at least one more, even if that’s the only service you have. Make another gig with the same service offered but entirely different content
  4. Does not make sense : Try it you will like it!!!
  5. Use Only : I will design one absolutely awesome logo in just 5$
  6. Check your tags - use tags that bigger sellers in your niche uses. Those would be more relevant for you
  7. Make a 1 min video
  8. Make a PDF Portfolio (3 Pages)
  9. Share Your Gigs in Social Media and Apply on Buyer’s requests
  10. Why don’t you make other Logos and make logos ONLY for Photographers? Isn’t it a very small niche! + Most photographer would know PhotoShop - they might be able to make their own logos, no? May be you should try venturing out into all types of logo designs!

Hope these help. All the best!

PS: Not sure why the comment with the Gig’s link was hidden. But since I opened the link before it was hidden, I could access the gig page and do the audit. This audit and the suggestions made above are only to try and help a fellow seller who is struggling to get the first order! Hope we can accommodate this!

Thanks for your help…

I wrote up some information on the Buyer Request feature, it includes links to the fiverr page on Buyer Requests too, maybe this will help you:

favicon.icoFiverr Forum default-apple-touch-icon.png

BUYER REQUESTS Feature – Basics for Sellers – WHAT AND WHERE IS BR?

Buyer Requests (BR) is FOR BUYERS to request custom offers from Sellers. (see Key Terms etc. in following link on what is a buyer, a seller, an order, an offer, a gig etc. and memorize them - it´s easier to get correct replies on the forum when you...

Reading time: 6 mins ? Likes: 543 ❤

Some requests get a lot of offers, so, as many sellers who reply to BRs send generic offers, make sure you read the request you reply to very thoroughly and send an offer that shows the buyer that you did read and understand what they want, that could make them choose your offer among others.

I wrote up some information on the Buyer Request feature, it includes links to the fiverr page on Buyer Requests too, maybe this will help you

This is just awesome!! Thanks for sharing it here. I would have never known, otherwise 🙂

💡 Maitri

I wrote up some information on the Buyer Request feature, it includes links to the fiverr page on Buyer Requests too, maybe this will help you:

favicon.icoFiverr Forum default-apple-touch-icon.png

BUYER REQUESTS Feature – Basics for Sellers – WHAT AND WHERE IS BR?

Buyer Requests (BR) is FOR BUYERS to request custom offers from Sellers. (see Key Terms etc. in following link on what is a buyer, a seller, an order, an offer, a gig etc. and memorize them - it´s easier to get correct replies on the forum when you...

Reading time: 6 mins ? Likes: 543 ❤

Some requests get a lot of offers, so, as many sellers who reply to BRs send generic offers, make sure you read the request you reply to very thoroughly and send an offer that shows the buyer that you did read and understand what they want, that could make them choose your offer among others.

That’s very useful information. I’m also new here from few days ago and this helps me, Thank you!

But i have a question… is there any other way here on fiverr to promote or get to know your gigs besides the Buyer Requests option?

That’s very useful information. I’m also new here from few days ago and this helps me, Thank you!

But i have a question… is there any other way here on fiverr to promote or get to know your gigs besides the Buyer Requests option?

On fiverr itself the only options are to try and make your gigs attractive enough that buyers who browse categories or use search will order, and Buyer Requests.

On the forum here there is 1 category where you may post your gigs or specials etc.: ‘My Fiverr Gigs’.

Else you can advertise your gigs in social media, blogs etc. if you use/have any.

You are new, and hence I guess you are getting confused with how Fiverr.com works as opposed to other marketplaces. I completely understand and it is fine to ask questions here as well.

Firstly, what exactly did you mean or understand by the word Gig?

It is what you sell!

A gig is nothing but a service, that we provide to the buyer.

I would suggest, @maurostrange to go to the Fiverr Academy to learn more about Fiver and gigs and how they work. There is no shame in asking this question. You are new, of course you can ask. But, you should first read every thing you can regarding Fiverr. Please use the links in the original post.You will know not only about it, but may also learn about other things on Fiverr. It is awesome!!

Please ask if you need any further help!

Guest writanix

I was lucky to get my first order on the first day I joined fiverr,

The buyer was satisfied but didn’t leave a review which is something I really need as a new seller.

I didn’t beg for the review though, but since then no other sale 😔

You are one lucky person to have something like that happen. Most have to wait for months to have that. It is a good…the best feeling to know that it was not in vain.

Guest makemyintro

The Best way to get a first order and penetrate the market place is running a promotional offer and offering services at lower price then the competitors with more value added stuff. As a buyer anyone will prefer to buy from a old seller with high rating and nice reviews unless they are getting more value for money at the same price.

In my experience the pricing is the factor which drives sales. 😎

Good Luck for your first sales…😉

The Best way to get a first order and penetrate the market place is running a promotional offer and offering services at lower price then the competitors with more value added stuff. As a buyer anyone will prefer to buy from a old seller with high rating and nice reviews unless they are getting more value for money at the same price.

Good Luck for your first sales…😉

This is correct! Prices need to be kept competitive.However, we need to assure that we keep the marketplace neat and healthy for everyone and avoid stooping down to incredible lows.

#Do NOT Sell a service worth $50 for $5!

That’s all…

💡 All the best

All the best, @lov_mon 🙂

This is correct! Prices need to be kept competitive.However, we need to assure that we keep the marketplace neat and healthy for everyone and avoid stooping down to incredible lows.

#Do NOT Sell a service worth $50 for $5!

That’s all…

💡 All the best

Lol. What if I’m in a generous mood?

Archived