💡 Guide: Get your First Order

stdwares

thank you so much for sharing your nice tips.i’m suffering for first order.i’m still waiting but i didn’t get yet.though i have no portfolio.other all of thing i have but still waiting.

Go through the academy and learn more about it… Keep practicing the new things you learn. I am sure you will land on your first order very soon!!

All the best 🙂

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

staying on fiverr since last 7 months, got only one order. did all you said.
have a portfolio and 140+ collection there.
too cheap rate.
probably i need to upgrade my skill,
fiverr helping lots of sellers and they have skill.
you can visit my gigs if possible 🙂

But it seems posting of seller requests among buyer requests does work as those sellers often get offers. I do get tempted to do same but refrain as I get worried about the fiverr threat of ranking lower in searches.

But it seems posting of seller requests among buyer requests does work as those sellers often get offers. I do get tempted to do same but refrain as I get worried about the fiverr threat of ranking lower in searches.

… and having your wrists slapped by Fiverr, but hey go ahead and try it if you want to join the ranks of sellers being seen as scammy spammers, but I do hope you don’t - I’m sure you’re better than that!

But it seems posting of seller requests among buyer requests does work as those sellers often get offers.

They get offers from sellers looking for work (or from bots), not from buyers looking to hire someone.

Buyers can’t even see buyer requests, unless they’re also sellers who offer the same type of service.

Are you new to Fiverr?

Are you desperately willing to start off?

Are you still waiting for your first Gig Order?

You are at the right place. This post should help you immensely, I am sure.

Not to dishearten you, but to give you a heads up, let me tell you the truth. Getting started here and getting the first order is not that easy. It is not that simple. But if you are dedicated and passionate about selling your services here and make some money, it is very much possible. I will tell you what to do to start off. This will really Help You! Follow these and you will be happy one day - very soon!

First thing is to make a portfolio. Do you have it already? List your skills and write about them in a Notepad/Word document and keep that handy. Write what you know and what you can do with these skills. You will need it when you make Gigs.

1. Go to Fiverr Academy https://www.fiverr.com/academy and read through the various topics, systematically.
  2. Go to Fiverr Blogs http://blog.fiverr.com/ and read various articles that people write there. These will be very helpful for anyone - old or new.
  3. Read posts in the Fiverr Forum and ask questions if you have.

INSTALL MOBILE APP - very important thing to do. It keeps you connected on the go, when you move away from the computer.

Along with the above, start building Gigs.

Make additional Gig Accessories - photo, video, PDF portfolio etc.

Share your gigs online on various Social Media.

Make Multiple Gigs separately for each of your skills. Make multiple gigs on your Best Skill and make them look different in their content and accessories.

Most Important Thing To Do: Scan through the Buyer’s Request page every now and then. This is where the Mobile App comes handy. Apply on the job requests posted which you think you can do with highest quality and as per Buyer’s requirements. You can apply on 10 such requests in a day. Trust me, 10 is a huge number if you restrict yourself to the best quality offering.

Do these things everyday religiously. Repeatedly. I am sure you will land on your first order soon. You have to be patient at this point in time. When some get their first order on Day 1 itself, others need to wait for months. But if you are dedicated enough and Really Want to work here, you will get that eluding first order very very soon!

All the best 🙂

Let’s Learn & Grow Together!

re and make some money, it is very much possible. I will tell you what to do to start off. This will really Help You! Follow these and you will be happy one day - very soon!

Thanks this will surely help

But it seems posting of seller requests among buyer requests does work as those sellers often get offers.

They get offers from sellers looking for work (or from bots), not from buyers looking to hire someone.

Buyers can’t even see buyer requests, unless they’re also sellers who offer the same type of service.

Brother please tell me actually gig rank is a matters for seller…

@stdwares the sharing of gig url here was not allowed as fiverr make my post hidden

I checked your Gig. Here are few things you can try doing:

1. Replace Just with Only : What you will get in just 5$
  2. Change About Me part of your profile. Write in more complete sentences. Grammar is right, but sentence structure is not very easy flowing. Try to avoid direct translation from Hindi. Check About Me sections of other Sellers in your niche.
  3. Make more Gigs - at least one more, even if that’s the only service you have. Make another gig with the same service offered but entirely different content
  4. Does not make sense : Try it you will like it!!!
  5. Use Only : I will design one absolutely awesome logo in just 5$
  6. Check your tags - use tags that bigger sellers in your niche uses. Those would be more relevant for you
  7. Make a 1 min video
  8. Make a PDF Portfolio (3 Pages)
  9. Share Your Gigs in Social Media and Apply on Buyer’s requests
  10. Why don’t you make other Logos and make logos ONLY for Photographers? Isn’t it a very small niche! + Most photographer would know PhotoShop - they might be able to make their own logos, no? May be you should try venturing out into all types of logo designs!

Hope these help. All the best!

PS: Not sure why the comment with the Gig’s link was hidden. But since I opened the link before it was hidden, I could access the gig page and do the audit. This audit and the suggestions made above are only to try and help a fellow seller who is struggling to get the first order! Hope we can accommodate this!

I checked your Gig. Here are few things you can try doing:

1. Replace Just with Only : What you will get in just 5$
  2. Change About Me part of your profile. Write in more complete sentences. Grammar is right, but sentence structure is not very easy flowing. Try to avoid direct translation from Hindi. Check About Me sections of other Sellers in your niche.
  3. Make more Gigs - at least one more, even if that’s the only service you have. Make another gig with the same service offered but entirely different content
  4. Does not make sense : Try it you will like it!!!
  5. Use Only : I will design one absolutely awesome logo in just 5$
  6. Check your tags - use tags that bigger sellers in your niche uses. Those would be more relevant for you
  7. Make a 1 min video
  8. Make a PDF Portfolio (3 Pages)
  9. Share Your Gigs in Social Media and Apply on Buyer’s requests
  10. Why don’t you make other Logos and make logos ONLY for Photographers? Isn’t it a very small niche! + Most photographer would know PhotoShop - they might be able to make their own logos, no? May be you should try venturing out into all types of logo designs!

Hope these help. All the best!

PS: Not sure why the comment with the Gig’s link was hidden. But since I opened the link before it was hidden, I could access the gig page and do the audit. This audit and the suggestions made above are only to try and help a fellow seller who is struggling to get the first order! Hope we can accommodate this!

Thanks for your help this will surely help me…

You are welcome 🙂 Don’t give up and try to learn new things and add to your portfolio. You will do great.

Fiverr never disappoints!!

Scan through the Buyer’s Request page every now and then. This is where the Mobile App comes handy. Apply on the job requests posted which you think you can do with highest quality and as per Buyer’s requirements. You can apply on 10 such requests in a day.

How do i do this?

Scan through the Buyer’s Request page every now and then. This is where the Mobile App comes handy. Apply on the job requests posted which you think you can do with highest quality and as per Buyer’s requirements. You can apply on 10 such requests in a day.

How do i do this?

I wrote up some information on the Buyer Request feature, it includes links to the fiverr page on Buyer Requests too, maybe this will help you:

favicon.icoFiverr Forum default-apple-touch-icon.png

BUYER REQUESTS Feature – Basics for Sellers – WHAT AND WHERE IS BR?

Buyer Requests (BR) is FOR BUYERS to request custom offers from Sellers. (see Key Terms etc. in following link on what is a buyer, a seller, an order, an offer, a gig etc. and memorize them - it´s easier to get correct replies on the forum when you...

Reading time: 6 mins ? Likes: 543 ❤

Some requests get a lot of offers, so, as many sellers who reply to BRs send generic offers, make sure you read the request you reply to very thoroughly and send an offer that shows the buyer that you did read and understand what they want, that could make them choose your offer among others.

I wrote up some information on the Buyer Request feature, it includes links to the fiverr page on Buyer Requests too, maybe this will help you:

favicon.icoFiverr Forum default-apple-touch-icon.png

BUYER REQUESTS Feature – Basics for Sellers – WHAT AND WHERE IS BR?

Buyer Requests (BR) is FOR BUYERS to request custom offers from Sellers. (see Key Terms etc. in following link on what is a buyer, a seller, an order, an offer, a gig etc. and memorize them - it´s easier to get correct replies on the forum when you...

Reading time: 6 mins ? Likes: 543 ❤

Some requests get a lot of offers, so, as many sellers who reply to BRs send generic offers, make sure you read the request you reply to very thoroughly and send an offer that shows the buyer that you did read and understand what they want, that could make them choose your offer among others.

Thank you so much @miiila

But as i see it sellers are posting most of the requests,I don’t get this! Its for the buyers to post and sellers to offer right?

Archived